Freelance Property Consultant / Property Project Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Central Services, South Wimbledon, with regular travel across London
Contract and hours: Temporary, part-time (hours dependent on ongoing projects)
To work with the CEO and Board to ensure the successful acquisition of a number of school premises by managing feasibility, concept and design, planning through to handover, managing internal and external teams to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
Assist with the life cycle ensuring client expectations are met and balanced with technical knowledge.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Management and coordination of project works from instruction to completion including engagement of consultants and contractors, management of the project programme and schedule of works, coordination of handover, snagging and project sign-off.
- Work with CEO and Board to determine schedule and project plan.
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine project scope, estimated cost and forecast programme.
- Source new properties, assessing location, configuration, and contents of sites against requirements of the organisation.
- Carrying out building, condition and measured surveys, defect diagnosis and report writing.
- During projects, act as representative on-site and ensure the project is on schedule, within budget and to agreed specifications.
- Advise on legal obligations and standards in order to factor requirements into project specification.
- Ensure all permissions and licences are in place for project work.
- Lead on procurement process for contractors, ensuring transparent process.
- Lead on negotiation and analysis of tender submissions.
- Schedule and manage contractors.
- Manage the refurbishment of properties - newly acquired and current.
- Manage the build of an extension at one of our current properties.
- Track deliverables and update systems regularly.
- Maintain project reporting and provide regular updates to the Operational Board outlining project progress against plan.
- Liaising with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels to accomplish satisfactory results.
- You will work with the wider teams in central services and schools and provide advice to secure instructions.
- Training others on Health and Safety, and auditing H&S processes.
If you are interested in this opportunity and available to start immediately, please get in touch with Alexandra on 02037575000/ email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates