Freelance Project Design Manager
Contract Length: 9 months
Daily rate: £300 - £350 per day
Capstone are currently recruiting on behalf of an established retail brand, who are seeking an experienced individual to head up our technical design function as the Project Design Manager reporting to the Head of Construction PMO. Although based predominantly at their London Head Office, travel to project sites is a key part of the role.
The successful applicant will lead the technical design of projects across all divisions, ensuring brand aspirations are being delivered to the highest standards through their construction projects.
The role will involve line management of the CAD Planning Team and technical design solutions for all projects. The Project Design Manager will work closely with all internal departments, stores landlords, design, consultants, construction suppliers and management executives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure capability to design the fast moving pipeline of projects across all formats, working closely with the Head of Construction PMO and Group Construction Director to create and maintain the right design supply chain
- Translation of concept design ideas into construction and fixture designs
- Accountable for developing and cataloguing design and brand standards
- Manage project design solutions to ensure brand standards are being delivered, including coordination of all elements of design such as ceilings, lighting design solutions, flooring, fixtures, colours, construction detailing, visual merchandising solutions, marketing & signage solutions
- Lead our Design Forum which will review, workshop, and sign off all project designs at their various stage gates
- Coordinate all of the internal stakeholders who have a key design input, including brand, marketing, space & format, trading, commercial, and the construction teams, as well as the Executive team
- Line Management and development of the CAD Team to drive accurate detailed technical drawings ensuring robust catalogue and change control process in place
- Have the ability to present design solutions at all levels internally and externally
- Maintain and manage best design practice for all aspects of construction project designs, with safety in mind at all times
- Ensure legal and statutory guidance and legislation is appropriately considered at all design stages
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of design work on multiple retail construction projects
- Previous construction design experience.
- Demonstration of an understanding of, and flair for, retail design
- Must have excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation as well as with contractors, store teams and our other partners such as landlords etc.
- Experience of managing 3rd party contractors, setting up tight contracts with clear deliverables and SLA's, as well as managing suppliers / landlords relationships
- Educated to Degree level with substantial relevant international experience, experience of projects in Travel hubs (airports, Railway stations etc) would be a distinct advantage
If you are interested in the role, fit the above criteria and are available at short notice, please get in touch with Sam Lee on email: email@example.com or via phone 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates