Freelance Project Accountant
£228.48 per day (PAYE) (equivalent to £45,000)
Capstone Property Recruitment has been instructed by a world-renowned International Property Development Company to recruit a Freelance Project Accountant to support their diverse and highly productive team.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Support the Commercial and Procurement team to manage the internal payment and approval process, track all current contract values including forecast expenditure and variations whiles ensuring the correct approvals are in place.
- Manage the development invoices and liaise with the finance team to ensure the payments are made in a timely manner and are correctly allocated to purchase orders.
- Track performance and KPI's of project consultants for use of benchmarking and future project procurement.
- To assist with the processing on Oracle all project related invoices. Ensuring that invoices are correctly allocated against approved PO's, Project budgets and Contracts.
- Maintain current commercial positions of all contracts updating trackers for change control, new contracts and final accounts agreements. Tracking actual spend vs forecast budgets, reporting on risk.
- Managing and updating Cost Reports, providing real time reporting (cost position at any given time).
- Responsibility for raising all new Purchase Orders for all projects.
- Actively support the Project Management team and Commercial Director, providing quick, efficient finance support, management, and general administrative coordination.
- Maintain and manage consultants agreed invoicing cashflows, updating agreed cashflows in line with project delivery programmes and workstreams.
- Seek confirmation of work being completed by Development managers, Budget holders and Project Managers. Tracking approvals and chasing unapproved invoices.
- Flag to relevant departments the requirement for outstanding board approvals to the procurement team.
- Track performance and KPI's of project consultants.
- To circulate approvals from respective boards to relevant parties ensuring invoices have correct PO information.
- To manage and track PII (Professional Indemnity Insurance) certificates, i.e. when the certificates expire ensuing a renewed certificate is provided by the consultant in question.
- To assist in the bank reconciliations for the project entity bank accounts.
- Supporting the team's general administrative and co-ordination requirements.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in finance accounting, control, and administration ideally in construction / property industry.
- Experience of using ERP systems (ideally Oracle). (Desirable but not essential),
- A high level of IT competency including use of Microsoft & Adobe Suites of software, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- The ability to build strong relationships and integrate into a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team.
- A proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal & external colleagues, suppliers, and contractors across all levels.
- Methodical and analytical
If you are interested in this opportunity and fit the above criteria, please email Sam Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates