Freelance Programme Manager
£400-£500 per day
About the Organisation
Capstone Property Recruitment is currently working in partnership with one of the world's leading real estate and investment management consultancies to recruit a Freelance Programme Manager based in London but looking after projects within the EMEA region.
About the Team
You will be working in the EMEA Real Estate team which provides real estate transaction expertise, capital investment program management and maintenance and operation across 18 countries.
You will be responsible for a programme of projects in the corporate portfolio as well as having an oversight on projects and the respective delivery Project Managers. You must be comfortable discussing strategic matters and operating at a tactical and operational level as well as simultaneously acting as a programme and project manager.
- Responsible to the Area Manager for providing oversight to the Project Managers executing projects in their Areas.
- Provide cover to the EMEA Director.
- Ensure the Global Real Estate vision, standards and policies are implemented, throughout the projects managed.
- Ensure that all projects are managed in accordance with budgets, compliance and specific timelines.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Providing oversight and support to Project Managers
- Point of escalation between Area Managers and Project Managers on project and performance related issues.
- Lead stakeholder communication, coordination and prioritisation at an area level.
- Ensure Governance rules are followed on all projects in the Areas
- Ensure all project in area are included in the capital plan
- Ensure consistent, up to date reporting on all Projects in Areas
- Participate in Portfolio Meetings, Area Meetings and Area related QBR.
- Participate and sanction key decisions related to Projects in her/his areas (e.g. fit out strategies, procurement strategies, vendor selection, key issue resolutions)
- Agree with Area Managers project resource dedications
- Approval of Start-up budgets, PRs/POs and Invoices for Area
- Approval of Vendor allocations following Global Procurement Process
- Proven track record.
- Qualified Engineering, Architectural or Project Management (Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services, RICS/CIOB).
- At least 5 years' previous experience of a similar role (management of multiple project teams, Clients and stakeholders), Project Director Level or above.
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to expectations
You will be an experienced professional who can work within an entrepreneurial culture - delivering solutions, providing leadership and communication - but not afraid to dive into details. Having passion and in-depth knowledge of Project Management with a financial focus, is critical. Communication, bias for action, autonomy and connecting into the team at the same time are key as well as the ability to operate within a fast-paced and complex environment.
This role requires flexibility with regards to working hours and the ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates