Job Title: Estates Surveyor
Salary: £250 - £300 per day (experience dependant)
Contract Length: 3 months initially
I'm currently recruiting on behalf of a South London-based landlord; the residential portfolio is vast, including around 400 properties with many being of historical significance. The property department is responsible for the direct management and development of this unique portfolio and is made up of a close-knit team of experts in their designated field.
Role: This is a key role providing technical expertise to enable to organisation to effectively manage and maintain its property portfolio. The Estates Surveyor will play a critical leadership role within the Property Department, through being the lead technical adviser of valuation and estates property related matters.
- Overseeing /coordinating the delivery of property obligations, covering the Ecclesiastical sector and other legislation.
- Providing general practice property advice, dealing with landlord and tenant matters associated with commercial and operational asserts.
- Dealing with estate management issues including negotiating and granting licenses, easements, way leaver and resolving land ownership and title deeds.
- Asset valuations and valuation advice
- Management of property disposals and acquisitions
- Ensuring excellent working relationships with senior managers and colleagues as well as advisers, suppliers and contractors.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and demonstrable post qualification experience.
- Good knowledge of modern and traditional methods of building construction
- Good knowledge of the Law of Property
- Experienced in rent reviews, lease renewals, acquisitions and disposals
- Experience in exercising cost controls
- Full 'clean' UK driver's license
If you are interested in the role, fit the above criteria and are available at short-notice, please get in touch on 020 3757 5004.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates