Finance Analyst - Capital Projects
London (flexible working)
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + package
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Capstone have partnered with a leading independent hospitality and development company, who are looking to recruit for an exceptional Finance Analyst- Capital Projects. The Finance Analyst will be responsible for reporting on capital projects encompassing all development and construction costs and preopening spend up to the launch of a new site. Current numerous pubs, restaurants, hotels and event spaces in the UK and abroad.
The role partners with the Property team and acts as first point of contact for all financial aspects in relation to capital projects and liaises with relevant Finance Team members to resolve issues and provide guidance.
- Own capex project cost reporting across the business, providing financial analysis for the monthly management information pack (MIP) including analysis of any variances to Budget and movement in project contingencies.
- Build relationships with external suppliers and developers working on capital projects.
- Partner with the Property team to prepare financial analysis for any change requests as well as provide ad hoc commercial analysis of contracts as required
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller in managing both short term and longer-term project cashflow so that requests for funding can be actioned on a timely basis. Assist with compliance matters such as CIS reporting
- Approve monthly invoices and contractor payments with the Property Director. Ensure transactions are recorded correctly in the Financial systems and in accordance with project drawdown schedules. Oversee FA register and depreciation schedules
- Input into the Financial planning process by providing project costs for quarterly forecasts, budgets and the 5-year plan.
- Develop reporting on construction key performance indicators (KPIs) against industry benchmark
- Assist the Finance Team with projects as required for example any finance system implementations for example P2P. Assist with continuous improvement of financial processes to aid accurate and timely reporting.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/FCA) with experience gained in a construction company or similar experience of reporting on construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present financial and KPI data to non-finance managers.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, with excellent excel skills and accounting software experience.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and organise work to tight deadlines
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates