POSITION: FACILITIES & ESTATE MANAGER
SALARY: £40,000 TO £45,000 PLUS BENEFITS
Capstone are working in partnership with a UK Top 10 Golf Resort based in Cornwall to appoint an experienced Facilities & Estate Manager. The beautiful 300-acre Estate in Cornwall comprises of a large hotel, two championship 18-hole golf courses, holiday & time share cottages, a health & fitness business as well as wedding, conference and meeting space.
The Group have recently unveiled a £30m investment plan to transform the Estate from its current underpinning as a golf-centric business into a luxury multi-generational resort. Subject to planning permission, a cornerstone of this plan is building 230 cedar wood lodges, a new wedding & events space, a farm shop, kids club, an adventure golf course, a new lake and a network of cycle, walking and trim trails and new landscape areas. There is also a phased plan to refurbish and remodel the existing hotel and resort facilities. With a new senior management team now in place, this is an exciting and rewarding time to be joining the business.
About the role
This is a varied role which reflects the diverse estate, the range of business areas, extensive lay out of landscape and buildings and associated infrastructure and assets.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Managing Director to produce a strategic Facilities and Estate Plan and financial budget for managing the existing Estate and infrastructure. This will be an annually updated management plan that will frame much of your work
- Undertaking a detailed review of the existing estate and facilities, to devise and prioritise a schedule of planned refurbishment and improvement CapEx (other than for repair and maintenance), prepare a financial budget for the MD and then for Board presentation and manage its subsequent implementation
- Day to day scheduling and execution of works (according to plans that are resolved from the above tasks) to ensure that all infrastructure, services and fixed assets are developed and maintained to the best possible standard, and responsive to any instructions and other statutory requirements
- Designing, managing and reporting an agreed infrastructure and assets (fixed and moveable) inventory, as a matter of record and in close liaison with the Head of Finance for insurance, write-off and depreciation purposes
- Manage your team, as it builds, and develop your own capacity to respond (if and when needed) to any need associated with the future capital development programme
- An experienced individual with a proven track record in managing, hands on, large, evolving and complex estates facilities
- You must have demonstrable experience of active estate, property and fixed asset management including producing project plans for CapEx refurbishment and OpEx maintenance, budgeting, producing expenditure requests and managing contractors
- Client-side experience in the successful delivery of CapEx programmes, preferably in residential & commercial construction, is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a sense of tact and diplomacy
- A commercial mind set and relish a fast paced & demanding working environment
How to apply
Please contact Rob Joslin (Director) to discuss this position in detail on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates