£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Façade/ Construction Technician
£45,000 + package
Capstone are recruiting on behalf of an awarding-winning, boutique Building Surveying firm headquartered in Central London. Having made their name within the high-end residential sector, they have continued to expand their service offering, and have developed a strong reputation in Façade Remediation. They thus seek an experience professional to lead on Compliance and Statutory regulations within this newly set up department.
You will be working in a meritocratic, relaxed and friendly environment, with diverse and interesting clients.
The core responsibility will be to assist the in-house Senior Façade Consultant on-site inspections and delivery of façade and other construction and building related inspection services.
- Familiarity with the operation of a borescope and being able to interpret images is a core functional requirement of the role.
- The role requires the ability to carry out intrusive and non-intrusive surveys and inspections with a particular focus on investigation of external facades, cavity construction, external wall system cross sectional make-up, identification of fire protection measures such as fire breaks, cavity barriers etc.
- The candidate must have a sound fundamental knowledge and understanding of a wide range of façade types & external wall construction / systems and will require a sound knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant guidance and statute.
- Site monitoring of on-going façade remediation and other construction projects, attending progress meetings, preparation of field reports and defects sheets and the like will be a key part of the role which will require working dynamically and actively within the project teams.
- The role also includes the preparation of field work notes and subsequent preparation of more formal reports. Report writing skills are a core skill requirement of the role. On-going training and CPD participation will be expected.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Likely to have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Likely to be degree educated and / or chartered in a relevant field.
Ideally you will be a member of one of the following relevant professional body's:
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Institute of Clerk of Works & Construction Inspectorate
- Institution of Fire Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Please make your enquiries to Celia Harker at email@example.com or by calling 07494 368453/ 0203 757 5012.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates