Job Title: Estimator (All Trades)
Location: New York
Package: $110,000- $160,000 + Bonus & Package
Capstone Americas are pleased to be working in partnership with a leading national general contracting firm who are widely regarded as one the top GCs in the New York market for their specialist sectors. This firm have recently been recognized as the top GCs in the retail market for New York and boast long established partnerships with several F500 clients across the retail, technology, distribution & corporate interior sectors.
Due to market leading reputation and best-in-class delivery, this GC currently have an impressive pipeline of projects with no signs of this slowing down and are thus looking to expand their Project Management service line.
Central to the company is an ethos of developing their employees' careers, so if you are looking for an opportunity to work in a market leading and growing organisation and have strong experience in retail and commercial sectors as an Estimator, then please read on.
Our client is seeking an experienced Estimator for their New York City office. Attention to detail and demonstratable experience working at pace. The ideal candidate will be responsible for producing accurate estimates for the total project costs by executing detailed line-item budget by trade with unit costs.
- Prepare detailed conceptual budgets and estimating from pre-construction, concept design, schematic design and design development documents
- Perform detailed take-offs of all trades. Initiate and manage entire bid process (construction management and general contractor) inclusive of preparation of detailed bid package
- Ensure accurate and proper submissions & proposals by all subcontractors
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and subcontractors
- Work collaboratively with field team to communicate deliverables and procurement schedules
- Level subcontractor bid proposals for accuracy and scope gaps
- Prepare scope of work documentation by division
- Attend and lead subcontractor calls and meetings as needed
- Conduct on-site walk-throughs as needed
Professional Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of experience in budgeting and estimating for commercial construction projects. Both core & shell and commercial interior knowledge required. Retail construction or banking construction experience a plus.
- Proven ability to compile complete estimates and hard bid packages with trade breakdowns
- Procurement and MS Project scheduling experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to lead or participate meetings with subcontractors, clients, owners, and architects as needed
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to deliver to deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
- Ability to value engineer a project
- Knowledge of Tri-State subcontractor base
- College degree preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Sage/Timberline skills preferred
- Knowledge of On-Screen Take-off preferred
*Candidates must be US Citizens and currently be in country ideally with experience in the New York market.*
For more information, please reach out in confidence to Jen Sheehan at email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates