Estates Surveyor; Client side
London; South East
£45,000 - £55,000pa plus benefits and flexible working
Capstone are working with a not for profit, charitable organisation which have a new position for an Estates Surveyor to join the property team. The role will be to oversee a prestigious and historical portfolio which is predominantly residential with a mix of a small amount of commercial and community used assets across the South East of London.
As an Estates Surveyor, you will be responsible of overseeing the property portfolio and processes, ensuring effective management of the buildings and land. As the role is a new position the organisation require an experienced surveyor who is able to review the current portfolio and is able to instigate new processes.
The key responsibilities of the Estates Surveyor are the following:
- Lease and licenses management
- Rent reviews and support with changes of tenants
- Management of land
- Development projects: support with overseeing the full development process, reviewing development plans/ appraisals
- Working with an external network of suppliers, including building contractors, architects, surveyors, engineers etc.
- Financial management; preparing capital and revenue budgets for maintenance works
- Identify opportunities for disposals of redundant properties and land
- Skilled property professional with a track record of property portfolio management both residential and community-based
- Knowledge and understanding of UK property law and regulations and their practical application, including landlord/tenant & health & safety
- Must have a clean driving license and access to a car
- Ideally you will be MRICS qualified or have over 5 years experience working within property management
- excellent communication skills, ideally you will be able to demonstrate working with a range of professional and communities.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates