Generous remuneration & benefits package
02 9146 6660
6 months ago
Over the last 18 months, a long term connection of mine has re-invigorated the NSW operations of an international consultancy. He is a very well regarded transport mentor who has been successful in a number of geographies throughout this state.
His mandate for growth has led to internal promotion and the need to bolster the team with solid principal engineers here in Sydney.
Our client is one of the world's most eminent international Engineering and Project Management Consultancy firms. With an A-Grade client list of premium private and public sector clients and a well established loyal team of high performing industry professionals, this is a company well and truly on the rise.
The consultancy is considered one at the forefront of the market in multiple industries, including rail electrification design consultancy services and has a significant portfolio ensuring long term job security.
On top of a generous remuneration package, you’ll work on major and impressive projects. There is a full suite of employee benefits and amazing flexibility outside of the impressive salary package to also entice the highest quality of people.
Reporting to a passionate and collaborative leader closing on 20 years in NSW rail systems, you will be joining one of the best-regarded and highest skilled rail consultancy teams in Sydney.
The team is extremely stable, with many members nearing the 10 year mark.
They are now looking for a 2IC to the Technical Director, working at principal level with the team on the planning, design and execution of OHW projects.
- Undertake design from front end feasibility, through stages of concept and detail, applying infrastructure, engineering standards and system specifications to designs, developing and producing relevant electrical engineering designs and associated documentation,
- ensure clients' principles and standards are met through the supervision of project staff,
- review deliverables, performing checks & verification on produced designs to ensure compliance with technical and quality assurance standards,
- align projects with or exceeding client expectations, check they are sustainable and within the agreed budget, and delivered on or ahead of schedule and with minimal risk to the health and safety of people
Your degree and high level of technical capacity will enable you to gain AEO competency approval, being well versed in both AC & DC in all rail formats.
- will have project managed design teams and have well-honed team mentoring and advisory skills,
- be conversant with the electrical ASA Standards and ideally familiar with other interstates/international electrical standards,
- have knowledge of relevant codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines relating to Railway OHW in NSW,
- hold good Knowledge and experience in IEC61850 to undertake high-level problem solving relating to OHW,
- have experience in working with HV AC Protection System in the Australian Rail Industry,
- be well versed with SCADA systems,
- have experience providing technical input in to tenders, or ideally, experience in wider forms of client-facing and business development activity,
- ideally appreciate digital engineering, with any knowledge and experience in the use of BIM/3D modelling software and processes, looked upon favourably.
For a trusted discussion please call Jeremy Symes on 02 9146 6660 / 0478 644 655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org