£35,000-£45,000 per annum
The Document Controller works with the Design & Delivery Team to coordinate and manage the flow of documented communications between the Company and its professional services teams, consultants and contractors across multiple, global large-scale data centre construction projects in order to ensure accurate recording and distribution of information.
Due to COVID-19 constraints, the Company anticipates operating a work from home (WFH) policy through most of 2021. The appointee will need to be comfortable working within this environment and should have experience of remote working internationally.
Reports to Chief Design and Delivery/Project Team personnel.
- Provide general document control and administrative support service for the project team.
- Assist the Project Team in managing the documentation requirements/schedules and flow of information against programme timelines.
- Transferring information between filing system ensuring compliance with the Company's document naming convention.
- Assist the Project Team in coordinating and documenting responses to customer RFI's to close-out/award.
- Review all incoming project related information and documentation against the Company's standard naming convention to ensure compliance of correct naming etc. providing training to users in the system where deficiencies are identified.
- Manage sorting, indexing, filing, archiving and retrieval activities of all project documentation and information in accordance to indexing and filing system.
- Administrative duties - register and update incoming and outgoing documents, compile reports, record project information, file and archive electronically for project future and ease of retrieval.
- Ensuring all documents are available at the latest revision and accessible to all authorised users.
- Update and follow up on working drawing information/schedules.
- Assist in housekeeping and management of the Company's SharePoint/Intranet and other document repositories.
- Transmit internal, vendor and client documentation according to document control procedure and processes.
- Assist the Project Team and Quantity Surveyor in the distribution of all tender and procurement documentation, and the supplier returns.
Knowledge and Skills
- Personable with excellent verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, including managing administrative functions.
- Excellent knowledge of industry wide document control systems.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office.
- Good knowledge of construction project management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate strong working relationships and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-5 years prior experience in a similar role - Essential
- Experience working on large-scale construction projects - Desirable
- Experience working in project management - Desirable
- Demonstratable significant experience working with SharePoint (in administrator role and other document management systems (Aconex, BIM 360 etc.) - Essential
- A track record and experience of working with project teams by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines - Essential
- Degree educated - Desirable.
- Experience working on large-scale data centre or complex M&E projects - Desirable.
The appointee will be required to Work from Home (WFH) until at least mid-2021. Thereafter, to be based in the Company's north London office.
To Apply, please get in touch below:
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates