POSITION: ESTATES & FACILITIES DIRECTOR
SALARY: £100,000 TO £107,000 PLUS BENEFITS
Capstone are proud to be representing a large Mental Health and Community Services NHS Trust to recruit their Director of Estates & Facilities. The Trust has an excellent reputation for providing high quality healthcare services and is rated overall as 'Good' by the CQC. There are 6,000 staff across Essex but with some services provided in neighbouring counties. It has a diverse estate ranging from dedicated Hospital sites to clinical and community bases. The turnover of the Trust is approximately £300m.
An exceptional individual is required to run the Estates and Facilities Directorate and provide strategic leadership reporting directly to the board as well as overseeing the day to day operations of estates and facilities. As a result of Covid-19 there is an exciting opportunity to shape a new Estates Strategy which embraces new ways of working. Ensuring that the Estate enables continued delivery of high-quality services and all environments are 'fit' for purpose, is key to the success of this opportunity.
The roles responsibilities & duties
- Overall responsibility for the service delivery strategy, providing leadership and development for the organisation.
- Support the business planning processes, and to refresh the estates and facilities aspects of the trust's service development strategy/Integrated Business Plan and annual business plan.
- Maximise business opportunities, partnerships and liaisons with external organisations, including all relevant health bodies, local authorities, housing associations and other relevant 3rd
- To provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Trust Estate Strategy.
- To work closely with our STPs and other system partners to deliver wider estate solutions and to maximize the benefit for the system as well as the organisation.
- To carry out complex negotiations on behalf of the trust in relation to all areas of responsibility.
- That all the Trust's plans meet the requirements of the Department of Health, Monitor, Care Quality Commission and service Commissioners
- Full integration between service development, capital development, workforce strategies and plans, organisational development and performance targets/trajectories.
- To provide leadership, direction and staff support to all staff working in the Directorate.
- Implement and monitor corporate, directorate and service objectives, including agreed service developments and reductions.
- To establish "Performance and Quality Management" processes within the service areas managed, which sets out measurable quality standards and monitoring systems.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory standards operating within the estates, facilities and capital development services. To ensure effective systems are in place to identify and manage risk, including complaints and follow-up actions.
- To ensure all statutory and mandatory requirements are met, including, but not limited to; Health and Safety, Fire Prevention, Environmental Health and COSHH, asbestos and legionella.
- To ensure that all functions managed are cost effective, provide value for money and control expenditure within agreed budgets.
- To be responsible and accountable for the maintenance and development of information systems within the Estates and Project Office functions.
- To set and monitor achievement of standards for every area of work via robust review mechanisms.
- That effective communication is maintained with all accountable staff through individual meetings, team brief and open and effective dialogue.
- To undertake ongoing Personal and Professional Development commensurate with the duties of this post.
- To attend meetings of the Board of Directors, Board of Governors and Executive Operational Committee as required.
- To ensure all aspects of property and Facilities related matters are managed effectively by the Trust's Estates and Facilities management team.
- To ensure the delivery and the implementation of the Trust's Capital Development Programme are managed by the Trust's Property Team within agreed timescales
- A relevant Real Estate, Construction or Facilities Management degree accompanied with a professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years senior leadership experience in Estates & Facilities Management and/or the management of major Capital Projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of Facilities Management.
- Demonstrable experience in the strategic planning of Capital Development Programmes.
- Experience of managing an internal Maintenance Team.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment governing Capital Development including the spending codes and appraisal mechanisms.
- Strong strategic leadership and general management skills.
- Outstanding Project Management skills.
- Competency to lead the design, delivery and operation of facilities and infrastructure.
- Strong financial planning and management skills.
- A working knowledge of the public procurement regulatory framework.
- Supervisory management experience and excellent people management skills with the ability to manage and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams to agreed outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- An understanding of the mission, purpose and operations of the Trust.
If this opportunity appeals to you and fits your profile, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss in more detail. For further information please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter, in relation to these specific criteria detailed in this job description, to Rob Joslin (Director) by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates