Position: Development Manager
Salary: Experience dependent, plus bonus + benefits
Location: Central London, some flexible hybrid available
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to join one of the world's leading property consultancies whose scale gives wide-ranging specialist and local knowledge, providing best-in-class advice to private and corporate businesses, estates and international clients. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in growing a new service line in the business and leading on central London development schemes from inception to completion.
- MRICS qualified
- 3+ years of development management experience
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
- Focussed and efficient, committing to challenges and working effectively to complete work in a timely manner
- Proactive, responsible and able to work closely with clients and third parties
- Strong team player and relationship building skills
- Confident, positive and prepared to lead from the front
- Attention to detail yet a strategic commercial perspective
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
About the role - as a Development Manager in this team, you will:
- Assess development opportunities, taking into consideration relevant planning, sustainability, legal, heritage and design considerations.
- Analyse development opportunities across sectors, seeking advice from occupational and sectoral specialists across both internal and external networks.
- Financially appraise scheme proposals (Argus and Excel) to determine viability.
- Manage professional teams (architects, cost consultants, engineers, planners etc.) to identify and deliver business plans for projects.
- Manage the professional, design and legal teams to deliver schemes on time and within budget.
- Take a lead in third party matters.
- Work with agency teams and market advisors to determine ways to maximise value.
- Understand legal agreements and work with legal representatives to devise strategies to deliver projects.
- Prepare concise, well-formed reports (both written and numerical) and presentations to advise clients.
- Assist with preparing proposals, pitches and marketing literature to a high standard.
- Assist in identifying business development opportunities both individually and as part of the team.
To find out more about this role please contact Oli Coote on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates