Development Manager - Client Side
Basingstoke: Potential for hybrid working 2-3 days per week in the office
Remuneration: Up to £70,000 plus £3,000 car allowance, an exceptional pension plan and benefits package
Contact: Oli Coote email@example.com
The Client: The Project Management Office for a client-side regeneration team, working on an exciting development of mixed-use business, leisure, retail and residential spaces. This large development will be served by excellent transport links and set within a sustainable environment.
The Opportunity: As the Development Manager you will act as deputy to the Project Director and manage delivery of the strategic re-generation of the proposed development, along with other relevant property developments within the Borough. This will include the procurement and management of partners and direct development. The projects are significant and high profile with a combined Gross Development Value of circa £850m. They are central to the organisation's strategic vision and thereby ensure the future economic prosperity of the region. You will also have the opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of Strategic Asset Management plans for re-generation assets in conjunction with the Major Projects and Property Services teams
The Person: The successful candidate will be dynamic, agile, enjoy working at pace and ideally:
- Hold RTPI or MRICS qualifications
- Have proven experience and a track record in delivering regeneration schemes.
- Have experience of successfully negotiating Heads of Terms, Development Agreements and construction contracts, and have a track record in undertaking all forms of commercial development analysis and a broad financial understanding.
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of local government and the related, financial, social and political aspects, along with the ability to negotiate and work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, alongside a creative and flexible approach to solving problems and making decisions.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates