POSITION: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
SALARY: £100,000 TO £120,000 PLUS CAR, PENSION & HEALTH
A privately owned Real Estate Development company based in Suffolk, with a substantial real estate portfolio, has grown significantly in the region with several successfully developed industrial and residential schemes as well as a large portfolio of future projects at various stages of the development life cycle. The portfolio comprises of assets with a value of circa £50m.
Fully responsible for the full life cycle of assets, acquiring and actively asset managing as required, there is a strong emphasis on long term income as well as opportunistically developing and refurbishing in order to generate returns as appropriate.
There is a desire to continuously enhance and increase the real estate portfolio and as such a Development Director is required to form part of the board working closely with the Managing Director and Finance Director.
The Development Director will have operational responsibility for the acquisition, management and development of the property portfolio. The strategy for growth will be to build up the portfolio, developing prime industrial and residential units.
The Development Director will be a real estate and or construction professional with strong all-round skills, encompassing investment, acquisition and development management. He or she will be the face to the market and provide a filter for new opportunities. Some of these opportunities may have a development aspect and a knowledge of how to create value, achieve planning and put together the right external professional team will be vital.
- Identify and undertake acquisitions to grow the portfolio in line with the development & investment strategy.
- Generate strong returns on the existing portfolio through proactive management
- Keep a tight control of all financial aspects when managing development and refurbishment projects.
- Provide accurate and reliable advice to the board on a regular basis on all property interests and activities.
- Evaluate and manage risks associated with new opportunities and existing properties in the portfolio, taking action to mitigate any potential problems in a timely manner.
- Provide insight and intelligence on the real estate market to the board.
- Responsibility for the delivery of multiple development projects from inception through to construction delivery.
- Liaison with the team to manage the co-ordinated delivery of the wider commercial activities of each project including securing and administration of third-party financing, branding, marketing and leasing activities and the ultimate sale of development projects.
Background & Experience
The candidate must have a property or construction related degree and a property or construction professional body qualification with a minimum of 15 years' experience of direct development management.
- A thorough technical and professional grounding within a real estate developer, investor or fund.
- Broad experience of industrial or commercial developments in the UK, as well as knowledge and a network in the property and construction market.
- An understanding of small businesses and private investment would be an advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge of design, procurement and construction technology and methodology.
- Excellent understanding of the real estate development process and appreciation of investor/developer objectives.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude to lead and drive projects.
- Flexible and lateral thinking.
- Attention to detail whilst also maintaining a high-level strategic view of key issues.
- Taking personal pride in carrying out their role to the best of their abilities.
- Clear written and verbal analytical project reporting and communication skills.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion to learn more about this role and opportunity please contact Rob Joslin of Capstone Property Recruitment.
T: 0203 757 5000
M: 07973 270 325
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates