Do you have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor? Are you working towards your professional qualification? Or maybe you are newly qualified? If the answer is yes then our Quantity Surveyor position could be for you.
We're looking for a part qualified or newly qualified Quantity Surveyor to join the team in London. This is a newly created role supporting the Head of Commercial across a range of projects nationally, The work is varied and fast paced, and will include: feasibility estimates alongside external consultants on the new developments, utilising and ensuring current refurbishment framework is effectively running, contract administration and management (JCT & NEC), de-risking projects through involvement in tender documentation, value engineering, cost plan due diligence.
Cost monitoring will play a large portion of the role and ensuring contracts are correctly finalised, including the closure of all variations, in line with the specific contractual time-frame and ensuring budget is maintained will be key to this role.
- Monitor cost plans both internally produced and externally produced, highlighting potential risk and value add drivers
- Utilise and critique the existing refurbishment framework, in line with benchmarked costings and programme information
- Update the cost database for use in current and future project forecasting
- Explore potential for expanding the framework into amenity spaces to drive cost efficiency and value
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and agreed with the contractors in a timely manner and in line with the specific construction contract(s)
The successful candidate will be a part qualified or newly qualified quantity surveyor (RICS), you will also have a demonstrable 'real world' experience in a QS position ideally gained from within a construction/real estate consultancy. You will be an excellent communicator, who can translate complex financial information to both financial and non-financial professionals. You'll be comfortable with numbers, able to analyse and process large volumes of data.
A high level of Excel skill is essential.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates