COST ENGINEER- DATA CENTRE DEVELOPER
UP TO £90,000 BASE SALARY + BONUS + PACKAGE
WORKING FROM HOME + INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Capstone are partnered with a world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm who are recruiting an experienced Cost Engineer to work as part of the commercial team supporting the Project Managers and Commercial Team in the development and delivery of projects across Data Centre sites adopting established processes and systems to enable the delivery of projects. This role is a commercial support role supporting the cost control of the Data Centre construction projects and frameworks.
Reporting to the Lead Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will be required to perform cost analysis, cost management and cost control activities. You'll be part of an integrated Commercial Team responsible for contributing to the production of project budgets, monthly cost reports, cost forecasts, assessments of value of work in progress and supplier value of work done. You'll also have input into the investment approval and change control process, risk and opportunity process and peer reviews. You will be working as part of the Commercial Team and be the key link to the Finance team.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Experience of implementing best practice cost engineering processes and tools including;
- Budget production and maintenance
- Cost Forecasting
- Change Control
- Variance Analysis
- Cost and Performance Reporting
- Develop project cost plans.
- Report plan v actual and forecasts and identify and explain variances.
- Manage the Change process. Identify corrective action plans and manage their implementation.
- Develop work cash flows and manage invoicing relationships.
- Communicate with both the project team and the management team to resolve cost issues.
- Report on Earned Value metrics and provide detailed analysis.
- Use of Global Project Controls system (IPCS)
- Liaise with the project Planner to enable the project Schedule to be cost loaded.
- Assist in estimate preparation as directed by the Lead Quantity Surveyor.
- Provide cost data input to monthly project report.
- Presentation of cost reports/issues at Management meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five years' experience delivering a similar role in Cost Engineering, Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying in a construction or engineering environment.
- Experience working for a main contractor, consultancy or developer focusing in the above sectors/projects.
- Delivery focused and "hands on".
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of standard industry construction contracts and frameworks
- Knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel, Costing Programmes (Eg: CostX)
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as diverse procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- Thorough knowledge of construction and contract law.
- Prior use of Project Controls Software Systems.
- Problem solving and the ability to work within a dynamic team.
- Good team player, self-motivated and also able to work on own initiative.
- English language - fluent written & verbal.
- MS Office - proficient user.
- Knowledge of forms of contract
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management processes and techniques
- Good communication skills including networking, influencing and stakeholder management
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment screening to BS7858:2019, or national equivalent. (Covers: Confirmation of identity, legal right to work, financial probity, criminal history, and associations with proscribed organisations).
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates