£80000 - £90000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT & QA MANAGER (SITE)
London & Global Hubs
£80,000-£90,000 per annum
The Construction Project & QA Manager (site based) is the Company's representative on site and is responsible for the oversight and review of all site disciplines including civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, fire detection and suppression, utilities, controls, security & IT and particularly health, safety, environment and welfare activities on the project site.
He/she will oversee and manage all on-site construction contracts ensuring full compliance, including all commercial elements, relating to specific data centre new-builds or general capital projects. This will include the oversight of the project scope, timeline, and budget and activities during the evaluation, award, execution and project closeout phases.
To Construction Director through the Head of PMO Lead.
- Company representative on site - Oversight and management of all on site activities
- Health, Safety, Environment & Welfare management oversight and reporting (working with contractor and Pure Data Centres)
- Close liaison with the main and sub-contractors throughout the project to include weekly/monthly reporting, meetings etc.
- Construction project management and oversight of construction related activities
- Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project close phases
- Working with contractors and vendors to deliver efficient and high-quality project turnovers
- Leading negotiations with general contractors and evaluating bids/proposals with detail and accuracy
- Creating construction project scope and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Capital requests/financial analysis of construction work including change orders, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Construction project management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing data centre resiliency
- Constructability reviews of construction, electrical and mechanical designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimisation of existing buildings and conversion into data centres
- Construction submittal review
- Construction project quality control including the creation commissioning plans and support of the commissioning process
- Recording and reporting key construction metrics to stakeholders
- Managing manufacturing and installation work of technical equipment
- Management of all planning applications, fire certificates, utilities, building control and all construction and handover permits
- Overseeing the management of the testing and commissioning process from FAT's through to area handover certificates. Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the commissioning process. (The actual testing and commissioning will be by a specialist company)
- Work on site.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of managing large-scale construction or engineering projects, preferably large distribution warehouse construction projects, ideally in the international environment
- Understand fire and electrical engineering principles for data centres including low and medium voltage systems and electrical codes
- Understand mechanical engineering principles for data centre cooling systems
- 3rd party contractor/supplier management
- Excellent knowledge of construction programmes such as Microsoft Project
- Excellent knowledge of UK building codes and regulations
- Good IT skills (MS OFFICE, Project etc)
- Significant HSE construction management experience
- Personable with excellent presentational, verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or an equivalent engineering science or 4+ years of related construction management experience in lieu of a degree - Essential
- 7+ years of recent experience in construction management preferably of large, complex projects involving large-scale mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) plants - Highly desirable
- Certifications such as Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE), and or LEED - Essential
- HSE qualification - NEBOSH certification - Highly desirable
- General contractor and vendor management experience (RFPs, bidding, change orders) associated with construction and project execution - Essential
- Experience directly related to the construction of data centres/critical infrastructure or large-scale mechanical and electrical plants - Desirable
- Value engineering: Proven ability to reduce costs through creative solutions with no impact on quality and reliability (new designs, technology, or construction methods) - Desirable
- Experience in controls and commissioning of large-scale projects - Desirable
- Driver's licence - Essential
- Remote working/site based
- Requirement for international travel.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment screening to BS7858:2019, or national equivalent. (Covers: Confirmation of identity, legal right to work, financial probity, criminal history and associations with proscribed organisations).
To Apply, please get in touch below:
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates