Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Position: Construction Benchmarking & Data Analyst - Cost Management
Salary: Up to $125,000 base salary + 28 days holiday + project bonuses and business development bonuses.
Capstone are retained by a new age, unique construction consultancy to find an experienced Construction Benchmarking & Data Analyst with a strong understanding of construction cost management and data management, analysis & visualization to join their thriving, growing West Coast team, based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In this role you will be working directly with some of the world's largest technology organizations and given the opportunity to help drive the development of data-driven technology solutions which provide the best possible insights and outcomes for their clients.
The founders of this organisation saw an opportunity to things differently and are leading the charge with innovative solutions to Cost Management in the USA. This firm pride itself on its culture and this can be likened to that of some of the world's leading high-tech clients.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something different, working alongside the founding partners in an exciting consultancy start-up.
As a Construction Benchmarking & Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the collection, management and analysis of construction project data, and the development of dashboard reporting to provide invaluable insights for leadership teams to inform budgeting decisions for future projects. You will be working in the San Francisco office, supporting the wider business and Director in the delivery of projects across sectors. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, expanding organisation and assist in the growth of the West Coast team and office.
- Structured collection and management of project cost data from completed projects
- Develop and maintain databases and reporting dashboards
- Develop and maintain data models and governance processes
- Design / maintenance of Tableau dashboards
- Quality assurance / control of project data
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil/Architectural Engineering, Construction Economics or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years' experience in Construction Cost Management and/or Business Intelligence & Analytics; involving data analysis & benchmarking key metrics
- Advanced experience in data collection, management & visualization
- Passionate about simplifying complex data, and presenting in an easily accessible, intuitive, and visually engaging way
- Thorough understanding of construction Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and key performance metrics for construction projects (i.e., cost & schedule)
- Eager to be part of a pro-active, innovative, and collaborative work environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Attention to detail, and takes pride in presenting powerful, aesthetically pleasing, insights
Technical experience (preferred):
- Dashboard design & visualizations (ideally Tableau)
- Understanding of data queries, structures & methodologies'
- Proficient with Google Suite (Workspace) and Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
You will be an energetic, motivated individual, who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional construction professional with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. The successful candidate will ideally have extensive knowledge of the commercial, offices and retail sectors, preferably gained in a construction consultancy environment. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates