£40000 - £45000 per annum + + package
over 1 year ago
Compliance & Statutory Surveyor/ Clerk of Works
£55,000 + package
Capstone are recruiting on behalf of an awarding-winning, boutique Building Surveying firm headquartered in Central London. Having made their name within the high-end residential sector, they have continued to expand their service offering, and have developed a strong reputation in Façade Remediation. They thus seek an experience professional to lead on Compliance and Statutory regulations within this newly set up department.
You will be working in a meritocratic, relaxed and friendly environment; with diverse and interesting clients.
- Working with MD and other Company Leaders on matters pertaining to building regulations and statutory compliance, including façade related matters and the developing risk assessment based statute and changes in government guidance.
- Exhibit widespread knowledge of the statute governing residential and commercial property, specifically in the context of Fire Safety, Building Regulations, MHCLG Advice Notes, EWS1, etc.
- Carrying out façade, safety, testing, inspections, and audit consultancy.
- Take the lead on all site based technical assessments. Experience with executing invasive and intrusive surveys would be of benefit.
- Coordinate & oversee other experts such as fire engineers. Be proficient in carrying out (and / or interpreting) the fullest range of fire risk assessments and other expert reports / advice.
- Be proficient in carrying out the fullest range of façade (and other) inspections and assessments and producing quality report outputs.
- Be proficient in performing on-site inspections and reporting and performing a quasi-Clerk of Works role - the onus here being on eye to detail and construction knowledge.
- Be able to exhibit an extensive knowledge of cladding and alternative envelope systems would be of benefit although not absolutely essential.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Likely to have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Likely to be degree educated and / or chartered in a relevant field.
Ideally you will be a member of one of the following relevant professional body's:
- Association of Consultant Approved Inspectors
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Institute of Clerk of Works & Construction Inspectorate
- Institution of Fire Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Please make your enquiries to Celia Harker at email@example.com or by calling 07494 368453.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates