West London (Hybrid Working)
£60,000 - £70,000 + package
Capstone has partnered with Europe's leading Media & Entertainment brand, so a looking to recruit for an exceptional Communications Controller so join a small and dynamic team within their Commercial Department. Responsible for delivering live sports and entertainment experiences to commercial premises in the hospitality sector, across the UK and ROI.
The Communications Controller role will be responsible for developing and directing the communication strategy, delivering proactive campaigns, compelling stories and consistent messages to external and internal audiences.
This is a broad communications role, and the successful candidate will have an impressive record of achievement in the field of communications, with front line communication and media experience, covering proactive strategic and tactical planning. They will be an expert in leading external campaigns and PR, plus internal communications that engage, align and inspire their team with the vision and business strategy. Most importantly, they will have a genuine passion and knowledge for Sports and award-winning entertainment content.
Reporting directly into the Director of Marketing & Communications, you will lead a team of communication specialists and have the full remit of communications responsibility.
What you'll do:
- Develop the Communications Strategy and lead the team to deliver both external and internal communication plans that align to our overall business objectives.
- Lead proactive campaigns that delivers innovative and engaging content to demonstrate the value that sport and entertainment brings our customers businesses.
- Develop strong relationships with trade press, associations and influencers, promoting key business initiatives, company image and reputation.
- Determine communication channels, priority messages and themes in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Service
- Design dynamic, department wide internal campaigns that engage and connect our people to our customers and our business, helping everyone understand the role they play in how we 'show up' to customers.
- Work closely with Consumer Communications, PR, Public Affairs and Sports teams, developing strong relationships to ensure we make the most of current functions and assets.
- Track, measure and report back the effectiveness of all communications activities.
- Be responsible for putting together financial budgets and forecasts in the Communications Team across all markets and channels.
- Lead a team of 4, managing and prioritising workload and guiding and supporting career progression and development
What you'll bring:
- You will have a background within communications, public affairs or PR, with solid experience gained within a corporate/commercial environment.
- You'll have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, able to communicate complexity and deliver engaging stories in a simple way.
- A strong understanding and passion for sports and entertainment, in particular Sports and entertainment content.
- Experience operating in a dynamic environment with the proven ability to succeed by working at pace.
- You'll be able to communicate, liaise, influence and challenge effectively internally and externally.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and see where things need to be done.
- You will be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal networking and relationship building skills.
- A commercial thinker, able to be creative yet responsible.
- You'll have strong team management and organisational skills especially leading, influencing and inspiring key stakeholders.
If you are interested in the position and fit the above criteria, please call Sam Lee on 020 3757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates