Capstone's London based Cost Management division are proud to be retained by a leading Real Estate Investor specialising in the hotel & leisure sectors. We are searching for a lead Commercial Manager to be based in Central London working as part of a development team. This is an extremely rare opportunity to join an investment vehicle who develop, own & operate their entire global property portfolio with their only objective being to create unique spaces in high profile locations. With projects & operating hotels & clubs in London, New York, Chicago, Amsterdam, Paris and LA, there could not be a more exciting time to be a part of our client's journey. If you are a Quantity Surveyor with excellent core building development experience and 2019's New Year resolution is to find a new job and do something totally unique, do not miss this opportunity to find out more.
About the role:
Your role will be to lead the commercial function of the development business, working closely with the Project Managers and designers to ensure the successful delivery of all projects, within budget and on programme, whilst maintaining quality. You will report directly to the Group Director and will be responsible for assisting the investment team during the feasibility phase of all development opportunities.
- Producing financial reports for all projects as well as assisting with the development and implementation of a commercial project management strategy.
- Liaise closely with all external consultants; quantity surveyors, project managers and contractors, with an emphasis on benchmarking.
- Work closely with the financial team to develop a cost reporting system to be utilised on projects both internally and externally.
- Working with the procurement team to develop a global procurement strategy
- Conduct full financial analysis on direct and indirect costs incurred during projects
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor MRICS with a minimum of 1 year's post-qualification experience
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying or an equivalent construction related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' work experience within a cost consultancy client-side role, preferably within the hospitality sector
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of design, costs and construction in hotels.
You will ideally have up-to-date knowledge of market rates within the hospitality sector and thorough knowledge of cost and project management processes. You will also have the opportunity to travel across Europe and world-wide.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates