Position: Commercial Manager - Client Side
Salary: Up to £65,000 plus excellent pension & benefits
Location: Central London, some flexible hybrid available
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Programme Management Office for an iconic and prestigious heritage landmark that is world renowned and synonymous with London and Great Britain. My client is a dynamic, agile and highly professional office that prides itself on delivering exceptional results in a timely manner within a truly unique context.
- Ideally MRICS or similar and experience of providing commercial management on large scale complex projects, in the hotel or leisure sector or historic buildings.
- Demonstrable experience in procuring contractors/consultants and managing contracts under a range of different forms including JCT and NEC3.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources to achieve the best outcomes for the project, both individually and leading teams of commercial and project staff.
- First-rate reporting skills ability to communicate clearly and concisely across a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional boundaries, where flexibility and a 'can do' approach to teamwork is essential and providing guidance and direction to the team.
- Strong people management and stakeholder relationship management skills.
About the role - as the Commercial Manager, you will:
- Maintain the agreed Tender Event Schedule for all elements of the Programme liaising with the team so that their procedures are followed, and tenders issued in a timely manner.
- Work with the Design Director and design team to agree information issue dates and scope of technical information required.
- Develop and implement clear KPIs which allow the measurement of the contractor's performance, and associated remedies for non-performance (non-contractual).
- Manage the process of technical and financial shortlisting of tendering organisations developing scoring matrices (technical and commercial) that create a clear basis for decision making and appointment of contractors.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of delegated authority is applied to all instructions and changes.
- Brief the appointed contractors on all contract processes aligning these with existing protocols within the team so that these are clearly understood and agreed by all parties.
- Work closely with the cost consultant to manage the processes around variations and changes to scope, oversee and implement the change management process.
- Work closely with the PMO Planner to develop a programme and Tender Event Schedule for the procurement of all elements of the project, assessing interdependencies with the design team and operations.
To find out more about this role please contact Oli Coote on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates