£80000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
5 months ago
Salary offer: £80,000 - £90,000 basic + Bonus + Benefits
Capstone's Cost Management team have been financially retained by an exciting SME main contracting business, involved in the delivery of some of capital's finest homes, with a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join their team.
The majority of their projects are within prime residential London working with high net worth individuals and developers ranging from £500k - £4m in value, with up to 3 projects being delivered at any one time.
Our client is looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and innovative Quantity Surveyor who is looking for an opportunity to become a Commercial Manager and step up into a Director position over the next 12 months. The ideal individual will have oversight of multiple projects with a close working relationship with clients - with an emphasis on stakeholder management.
- Providing leadership and coordination to a delivery team and working collaboratively with partners, including, consultants, contractors and clients in achieving Practical Completion.
- Conducting due diligence reviews of proposals by assessing, design, specifications, cost estimates, development schedules and management plans.
- Participating in negotiations with contractors and working with the in-house Legal Team to finalise agreements, contracts and documents in order to proceed with construction phases.
- Developing risk profiles and construction schedules to determine where efficiencies, compromises and/or alternatives can be utilised, ensuring appropriate risk mitigation measures are in place to control risks and ensure successful Completion.
- Providing delivery leadership and guidance, meeting delivery teams on a regular basis, conducting site visits and resolving issues as they arise.
- Reviews progress and authorises adjustments to contracts where required in conjunction with the external Employer's Agent, Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor.
- Keeping the Managing Director appraised of project status and issues of concern, providing recommendations and solutions for consideration.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry practice and staying current with construction costs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an emerging contractor and take your career to the next level at a pivotal stage in their growth.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kevin Boakye (Senior Consultant - Construction & Development) on +44 (0) 20 3757 5000 or alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KB6816.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates