£60000 - £70000 per annum + + Package + Bonus
8 months ago
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPER - BUILDING SURVEYOR
Up to £70,000 + Bonus + Package
Capstone are pleased to be working in partnership with a highly-regarded, progressive and ambitious Real Estate Investment trust. With a variety of sites across the capital, this role will manage the delivery of Asset Management initiatives including large scale refurbishments, fitouts and new-build developments.
This constituent of the FTSE 250 Index, now has a London portfolio valued in excess of £2.5bn. It comprises of predominantly commercial office space, alongside some large industrial estates.
About the role:
The company's commercial property portfolio includes over 65 estates, where you will be involved with the following;
- Manage and implement, in conjunction with the Building Surveyor, the Planned Maintenance Programme of works (external envelope repairs/refurbishments) for the property portfolio in line with the approved annual budget and be responsible for the external fabric project tracker ensuring that it is kept up to date.
- Manage the annual Reinstatement Cost Assessment (RCA) exercise and review RCAs against previous years to ensure accuracy..
- Review customer Licence applications and ensure that they do not materially affect the structure, that the works are within the customers demise and pose no risk to the buildings.
- Act as PM/Lead Consultant for refurbishment projects including fit-out and external repairs and refurbishments, liaise with professional consultants and appoint design team. Ensure projects are completed on time and within the approved budget and ensure that the design team comply with Workspace standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee dilapidations claims and manage the externally appointed consultants
- Manage and co-ordinate insurance claims within property portfolio through to settlement.
- Defect diagnosis within the property portfolio either managing directly or through an externally appointed consultant
- Assist in property acquisitions, visit site and comment on pre-acquisition/vendor reports.
- A degree level Building Surveying qualification or equivalent.
- At least 2 years PQE
- Experience carrying out major commercial refurbishment and fit out projects
- The ideal candidate will have experience working client-side, or at the very least have strong commercial consultancy experience.
- You should be personable and approachable and have a good eye-for-detail.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker on 0203 757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates