Client-Side Building Surveyor
£55,000 plus package
Capstone are working in partnership with a prestigious Livery company based in central London. My client is one of the four Inns of Court, with origins dating back to the 14th century. The estate covers 11 acres of prime real estate in central London, comprising of residential, commercial and collegiate buildings, the portfolio commands a turnover of around £20 million per annum. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to immerse themselves in one of London's most prestigious estates.
The role will require the successful candidate to undertake a range of Building Surveying duties including;
- To undertake building surveys, including the identification of building defects and proposal for repair.
- Management of multiple projects and programs ensuring projects are achieved within budget, on time and that contractors are held accountable for delays.
- To monitor the quality and progress of building works on site to ensure that building construction works meet design specifications and statutory obligations, through a system of bench-marking and site inspections.
- Ensure compliance with health & safety and other statutory requirements; identifying and reducing risks where practicable and implementing risk management requirements of insurers the Inn's health and safety advisers.
- Provide technical advice on the maintenance of buildings including the Inn's Grade 1, Grade II* and Grade II listed buildings.
- Be responsible for submitting planning applications, advising on property legislation and building regulations.
The successful candidate will be:
- MRICS qualified in the Building Surveying pathway.
- Experienced in surveying historic and listed buildings.
- Experienced in managing major works programmes, delivering projects in accordance to budgets and deadlines.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Will Hammerton on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates