About the Company
Our client is an international holdings company who have established themselves in the U.K over the last 18months to become a leading player within the private rented sector (PRS) space. Majority of developments are within the Greater London area, but they also have a portfolio of hotels spanning the U.K. This client also acts as a bank / lender to third party organisations. The London team is circa 30 strong with growth plans to double in size next year and the current portfolio comprises of 5,000 residential units with £150m worth of LIVE projects at any one time. The culture can be described as energetic, ambitious with an autonomous working environment where everybody gets on with it and knows what they are doing.
About the Role
The requirement is for an Associate level Quantity Surveyor ideally with bank monitoring experience to establish this business unit. This is very much a stand-alone role initially, but with the ambition to grow this in-house capability with a team in the future. You will be working very closely with the COO who also leads on the development. What is key here is being able to scrutinize and analyse external cost reports and challenge these where necessary. This company also acts as a bank and lends money, so needs someone who can do the due diligence on the viability of these loans.
You will also be required to review developments reporting through to various parties on multiple projects within the private rented sector.
About the person
- Chartered status with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Ability to multi-task
- Keen analytical mind
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to understanding and relate high level cost information of projects at conception stage - both of construction costs and wider development costs
- Be familiar and be able to address the appointment of consultants
- Provide strategic direction of projects to consultants
- Collate various packages of information and summarise for internal reporting purposes
- Ability to read consultant reports, challenge and establish validity thereof
- Ability to receive and comprehend cost reports during live project phase
- Report internally on cost and programme status of multiple projects
- Receive and collate invoices for payment and liaise internally to ensure payments are made efficiently
- Address and report any cost increases and make internal / external recommendations
- Bank Monitoring experience would be useful
- Self-motivation and out of the box thinking essential
To apply please contact Matt Cary at email@example.com or 020 3757 5000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates