Category specialist (Construction procurement)
Location: Hull, but flexibility to based in another location U.K wide.
Capstone's Cost Management team are proud to be retained by one of the UK's largest landlords, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans.
A Category specialist is required to source maximum possible spend whilst implementing best practice category management within construction and engineering.
You will be joining the Group Projects team to ensure cost effective and efficient sourcing and procurement of materials and services by exploiting group purchasing power and employing leading procurement practices.
There is a real emphasis to use safe, sustainable and responsible practices that protect long term value and avoid legal and reputational impacts.
- Lead sourcing projects within construction and engineering including; procurement strategy (Incl. UCR2016, OJEU approach) tender package development, implementation and evaluation, market research, supplier identification and pre-tender supplier engagement.
- Develop and implement category strategies, sourcing and contract management projects, and supplier relationship management that support business performance and cost reduction targets.
- Ensure all category spend complies with the Group Procurement policy.
- Private client organisation experience is critical, preferably within a varied portfolio of construction projects (Limited repeat work across the portfolio).
- High ambition for hands-on execution of tender process and associated documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of leading sourcing projects within construction and engineering including; business engagement, procurement strategy, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier relationship management.
- Mobility to work across the UK 3 days per week if required.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Matt Cary on
+44 (0) 203 757 5000
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates