Capital Projects Managers
12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
£52,643 - £58,558 per annum (band 8a)
Capstone have been instructed by a prestigious NHS Trust in South London who are looking to recruit a Capital Projects Manager into a one-year fixed-term post. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing numerous refurbishment projects ranging from £20k to £2million in value.
The Project Manager will have responsibility for ensuring their delegated projects are safe, efficient and effective and of no danger to the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors. The Trust has a varied building portfolio and many types of construction and engineering systems, all of which must comply with current legislation, guidance and recommended approved codes of practice. The post holder will have significant management knowledge of such construction and services.
Day to day duties:
- To act as a professional member of the multi-disciplinary team responsible for co-ordination and implementation of construction activities necessary to accomplish the Trust's capital programme and specialist estate requirements.
- To undertake the management of construction projects from feasibility to post occupancy evaluation
- To provide professional construction management advice to the Director of Projects and Estates and others, on all those aspects of the works of the Trust that are ascribed to the post-holder
- To establish and review effective management systems to implement and monitor the refurbishment and construction projects assigned to the post-holder.
- A BSc Degree in Engineering, or building disciplines, diploma in Architecture or at least ten years equivalent experience
- At least five years practical experience in project management in a relevant and appropriate Health Service environment.
- Successful leadership, in Healthcare Projects Management of all staff groups in a healthcare environment
- Managing a multi discipline design team of construction professionals. Proven track record in delivering construction projects on time and to budget.
- Desirable - Membership of a professional institution such as RICS, IMechE, IET, RIBA or CIBSE.
If you are interested in the role and fit the above criteria, please get in touch with Sam Lee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07494368471.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates