Client-side Projects Building Surveyor
£50,000 - £75,000 + bonus (up to 25%)
Capstone are working in partnership with a well-known leisure & hospitality brand in a search for a Development Building Surveyor for their Leeds branch.
This brand was set up around a decade ago and now have up to 200 facilities UK wide. Under new investors, the brand has huge growth plans to triple in size over the next 5 years, making it an incredibly exciting period to work here.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Identify development opportunities, alongside specification writing, undertaking the contract administration and project management to a high standard on a range of schemes valuing between £500k and £1.5m.
- Recommend, appoint and manage suitable and appropriate contractors within pre-agreed defined briefs.
- Guide and supervise maintenance of building records and project filing.
- Take responsibility for a range of matters relating to the organisation and supervision of cyclical, planned and reactive maintenance along with ancillary repair works across the portfolio.
- Prepare outline designs, cost plans and report development proposals.
- Undertake surveys and defects diagnosis.
The successful candidate should be MRICS qualified in the Building Surveying discipline. The role involves management of expectations of internal stakeholders, meanwhile undertaking supervision of external consultants, thus a diplomatic approach is key.
You should have a proven track record in leading consultancy teams and have a high standard of workmanship on a range of projects up to the value of £1.5m. You should have a commercial mindset, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Simeon Chan on 020 3757 5000 / 074 94 368453 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates