Associate M&E Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager
Capstone have been appointed by industry leading and sector focussed construction cost consultancy, who operate and advise clients across the Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports Stadium and Data Centre sectors.
With a highly respected industry reputation, enviable list of developer and end-user client relationships, and a track-record of advising on major, high-profile schemes across the UK and internationally, this is a truly unique opportunity.
Overview of Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Mechanical and Electrical Associate Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager, who can take responsibility and oversee a number of projects, acting as the sole contact with each client as well as providing support to the existing team in the delivery of projects.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from £5m to £500m including:
- Data centre new builds, fit outs and infrastructure upgrades
- Commercial new builds and refurbishment projects
- Major residential and mixed-use developments
- Sports and leisure stadium projects - within the UK and internationally
- Be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- Support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- Carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/contractual strategies
- Take responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
- Cost planning: Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals, offering advice in respect of client development plans and expectations and value engineering studies
- Procurement: Providing advice on procurement strategy, assembling long and short tender lists, preparing and issuing tender documents, running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors, tender evaluations, preparation of contract recommendations and documents
- Post-Contract Quantity Surveying: scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments, preparing certificates, managing change control, producing cost reports and cost forecasting, assistance in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events, attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout the projects
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager with relevant experience in Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Ideally MRICS or professionally qualified in either a surveying or engineering discipline
- Technical background with a degree in quantity surveying, engineering, or construction related subject
- Pre and Post contract experience of large complex schemes in the range of £5m - £500m
- Cost planning and managing a design to budget experience on projects with a minimum of supervision
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates