Job title: Associate Director, Cost Management
Location: San Francisco, California
Salary: Up to $175K + package
Capstone are working in partnership with one of the worlds renowned independent construction and property consultancies to acquire an Associate Director level Cost Manager/ Quantity Surveyor to become an integral part of their established West Coast team and San Francisco office.
This is a unique opportunity to work on ground up luxury hospitality and residential projects in the San Francisco Bay area.
Our client is well known in the industry for their technical excellence, prolific schemes, highly trained individuals and project and service delivery, this organisation ensures they remain leaders in the field, continually investing in the development of their people through lifelong learning and structured training. The business currently has offices in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as two newly established offices in Texas.
The organisation is currently thriving across the UK and USA and is working on several prolific schemes across California and because of their current success and future pipeline are looking for an experienced Cost Manager to lead on a landmark large-scale multi-million-dollar hospitality development scheme and assist in the delivery of various other schemes; becoming an integral part of this organisations long term success. The organisations structured training, strong financial backing and flexibility due to their independence means that this success will continue to grow from strength to strength.
As an Associate Cost Manager, you will be working in San Francisco, focusing at a project level on a major ground-up luxury hospitality scheme as well as supporting the wider business and Directors in the delivery of projects. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an established, expanding organisation while leading on a major project for one of their key accounts. The organisation has a mantra of building and maintaining relationships and thus your role will involve extensive client interaction and thus your interpersonal skills and presentation are key. You will be working with extremely experienced and knowledgeable individuals on some of the USA's greatest schemes and thus this opportunity is second to none. This organisation does not sectorise their work and thus you will not only work with the best clients but will gain exposure to schemes across sectors. These projects will be a significant stepping stone in your personal career path and will set you in good stead for all future opportunities within this company.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Prepare budget estimates and present to leadership to establish project budgets.
- Establish project funding strategies and prepare fund requests for leadership.
- Manage estimating teams and facilitate GC estimate reconciliation VE efforts.
- Responsible for project financial reporting.
- Provide variance notes on monthly work in place and project forecasts.
- Monitor and update budget and facilitate budget approvals.
- Manage third party consultant engagement including fee proposal assessment, negotiation, contract & PO management and invoice reviews.
- Advise and manage general contractor and design consultant procurement.
- Prepare RFPs for general contractor and design consultant scope.
- Review and level bids, pricing schedules, subcontractor buy-out and qualifications.
- Post contract cost control including payment application review, change order management and negotiation and contract administration.
- Maintain cost benchmarking and input into standardized templates.
- Prepare financial project close out reports and lessons learned report.
- Implementation of cost management best practises tailored to the clients needs.
- Attend project meetings and establish cost meetings as required to support deliverables.
You will be an energetic, motivated Cost Management professional who is ambitious, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Cost Manager and leading on major projects, with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. The successful candidate will ideally have extensive knowledge of the ground-up commercial, residential and hospitality sectors, preferably gained in a construction consultancy environment. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
To register your interest for this opportunity, reach out confidentially to Will Hammerton on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates