Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum + generous package
Do you have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor? Are you working towards your professional qualification? Or maybe you have newly qualified? If the answer is yes then our Quantity Surveyor position could be for you.
We're looking for a part qualified or newly qualified Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Manchester. This is a newly created role supporting our Head of Commercial across a range of projects nationally, The work is varied and fast paced, and will include: feasibility estimates alongside external consultants on the new developments, utilising and ensuring our current refurbishment framework is effectively running, contract administration and management (JCT & NEC), de-risking projects through involvement in tender documentation, value engineering, cost plan due diligence.
Cost monitoring will play a large portion of the role and ensuring contracts are correctly finalised, including the closure of all variations, in line with the specific contractual time-frame and ensuring budget is maintained will be key to this role.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Liaise with operational teams, project managers, contractors, and consultants
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with consultants and contractors
- Reviewing tender documentation and prepare tender analysis, including value engineering,
measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Monitoring and reporting the Anticipated Forecast Cost report and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Compile contract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed
- Assess contractor payment entitlement and process payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the site
- Preparing the final account and settlement
- Checking the defective works throughout the defect liability period
- Assisting, advising, and checking the defective works and allocating the contra charges if required
- Advising on contractual disputes
- Other commercial matters as required
The successful candidate will be a part qualified or newly qualified quantity surveyor (RICS), you will also have a demonstrable 'real world' experience in a QS position ideally gained from within a construction/real estate consultancy. You will be an excellent communicator, who can translate complex financial information to both financial and non-financial professionals. You'll be comfortable with numbers, able to analyse and process large volumes of data.
A high level of Excel skill is essential.
Study support considered for the right candidate after passing probation.
If you are interested in this position, please get in contact with Alex on 02037575000 or send me a direct email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates