Position: Senior Development Manager
Location: Central London (flexible working environment)
Salary: £90,000 to £110,000 plus bonus & benefits
A leading European residential real-estate company acquiring, developing, and managing residential properties across 8 countries are recruiting their first UK based Development Manager to support the execution of the company's forward funding development platform. This position will establish their UK based development team, reporting into the Chief Development Officer in Denmark and in time will progress into the Head of UK Development and building a team. With an expanding pipeline of projects in the UK and the objective to manage and operate 20,000 units, this is an exciting time to join a major player in the buy to rent market who is on course to be the 2nd largest provider of buy to rent in Europe.
About the role
- Manage the technical and construction side of the development processes, by leading and executing development projects from start to finish across technical due diligence, design, planning, procurement and construction phases and integration with operations.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of sections and phases of a large-scale project in line with approved business objectives.
- Maintain ongoing communications within the asset management and development team, and other key business leaders affiliated with the project to provide periodic updates on the progress against schedule and budget.
- Resolve issues that may compromise the project delivery schedule or costs and respond quickly and with urgency to questions, concerns, and requests for information.
- Prepare, update, and oversee comprehensive and robust project plans, change management and cost documentation.
- Monitor budgets and project schedule performance to manage and regularly report on progress.
- Direct third-party relationships to prepare and complete project design concepts, a construction budget and building plans in accordance to approved scope of work and programme.
- Manage relationships with project and construction teams to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines.
As the primary point of contact both internally and externally as owner's representative for Forward Funding Development projects across the UK, you will be leading and monitoring the technical preparations for the negotiation of sale and purchase agreements for approved projects.
- Experience in preparing technical data required for the investment memorandum providing insight on the proposed projects including detailed pro forma construction budgets and feasibility studies.
- Ability to analyze and assess risks connected to the status of properties and construction projects.
- Track record in the calculation of potential costs for required investments and its development potential.
- Track record in providing continual improvement in quality and cost with respect to design and delivery of residential projects.
- 5+ years' experience of working with ground up residential development.
- Experience in structuring and negotiating JCT contracts.
- Proactive with a high level of ambition.
- Strong in problem solving and analytically skilled.
This role would suit a Development Manager currently working for a residential developer who is interested in working on the Private Equity side of the process. This role reports into an up-and-coming Chief Development Officer who is keen to develop and nurture raw talent, you do not have to be the finished article. Ambition, drive, and attitude are imperative to this opportunity's selection process.
Please contact Will Hammerton to discuss this role in more detail on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates