Position: Senior Financial Accountant
Salary: Up to $180,000 plus bonus + benefits
Location: New York City
Our client is a consultative, service-driven management firm founded in 1994 with offices across the US. They manage over $5bn annually in construction volume and focus on representing ownership across many development sectors. They are recruiting a Senior Financial Accountant to join their New York office. The business, relationship-base and team has grown exponentially, offering the opportunity to extend services and regional relevance across the United States. Our client takes pride in partnering with clients to act as an extension of their organization. They are trusted advisors to many, leaning into their mission to deliver successful projects that improve the built environment for the benefit of others.
- 10+ years of experience in public and/or private accounting
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in real estate/construction/project management accounting (preferred)
- Experience in Ajera (desirable)
- Embody the company values of community, stewardship and trust.
About the role
- Supervise accounting staff including oversight of: G/L receivables, payables, billing, payroll, expense reporting, etc.
- Prepare annual financial statements and workpapers for independent accountants
- Prepare internal monthly and quarterly financial statements for partners
- Prepare annual budgets and cash flow projections, and monthly budget -v actual analysis
- Prepare quarterly sales and occupancy tax filings
- Design and implement internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Assist outside accountant with quarterly tax estimates and partner distributions
To find out more about this role please contact Oli Coote on +44 (0) 203 757 5000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates