Location: flexible, occasional travel
The Project Planner will be responsible for the development of project schedules from client RfPs to construction close out and operational mobilisation, for multiple large-scale data centre projects. The Company relies on contractors having the ability to efficiently sequence concurrent works to deliver projects within extremely tight timeframes. Key to the success of the role will be exploring and developing new innovative means of fast-tracked schedules, running concurrent work packages and successfully sequencing construction works to allow for construction efficiencies.
Due to COVID-19 constraints, the Company anticipates operating a work from home (WFH) policy through most of 2021. The appointee will need to be comfortable working within this environment and have experience of remote working internationally and regularly participating in virtual online meetings.
Reports to Chief Design & Delivery/CEO.
- Developing and thereafter managing the programming for conceptual and live data centre project schedules, globally.
- Developing a Project Team master programme schedule.
- Develop and manage generic construction programmes to deliver various size data centres globally, inclusive of critical build sequencing, JIT procurement and delivery of key plant & equipment, and ensuring clients have early access to the data halls while construction is still being completed and commissioning is underway.
- Advise on a project to project basis on the correct and most suitable construction methods to use depending on timeframes and budgets.
- Review standard architectural and engineering specifications to develop the programme and scheduling approach for each project.
- Manage the coordinated interfaces with the Project and Design teams to ensure all work packages are developed timeously upfront to feed into the project schedules.
- Develop and manage detailed resource loaded schedules, inclusive of critical path analysis and ensuring programme logic is maintained through the project programme life.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master programme schedule, baselined with full critical path integration.
- Additional programme development and management will include but not limited to customer RFP integrated master schedules for each development scheme, local council planning submissions, design schedules and procurement schedules for onboarding of critical consultants, contractors and ordering of key plant & equipment.
- Assist the delivery team with customer RFP information master schedule for each project bid, in preparation for presentation to the customer.
- Assist the Project Team in developing each project's procurement strategy and schedule.
- Advise on scheme buildability based on client delivery deadlines.
- Assist the Project Team on planning submission programmes and drop-dead dates for power procurement, contractor mobilisation to site and construction commencement.
- Prepare detailed project schedules, inclusive of project milestones, contracted client drop-dead dates and critical path for each project.
- Assist the Project Team and QS in the preparation of contract tender information by including signed off milestone and critical programme dates.
- Review, analyse and comment on contractor's construction programme during tender review to advise on the feasibility of the construction programme.
- Input into the development of cash flow forecast with the project QS, based on construction and procurement schedules.
- Input into the Generic Employers Requirements for each project with minor changes, specific to the data centre size and location with the project QS for all programming related content, construction phasing and deliverables.
- Review of the Project QS' tender pack and advise on any omissions/changes to programme related information.
- Input into tender briefing sessions to understand the contractor's construction methodology, programme approach and feasibility.
- Assist the Project Team with design scope change programme updates.
- Review, comment, input and agree to the contractor's construction programme.
- Attend virtual weekly construction progress meetings with the contractor and Project Team.
- Schedule and hold virtual bi-weekly programme update meetings with the contractor's planner and report progress to the Project Team for client and board reporting.
- Review and input into monthly project cashflow updates.
- Monitor, review and advise on construction sequencing during the project to ensure the delivery schedule is maintained/optimised throughout the project.
- Provide the Project Team look ahead information for project reporting against critical path and milestone tracking.
- Incorporate scope changes into the construction programme in a coordinated manner with the contractor to ensure client contracted dates are maintained.
- Input and advise on the commissioning programme with the Independent Commissioning Agent.
Occupation and Defects Deliverables
- Ensure contractors defects are scheduled effectively.
- Input into the project close out and lessons learnt report reports, from a programming perspective.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project and other industry planning software packages.
- Good knowledge of the construction industry and delivery.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office.
- Good knowledge of construction project management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation, organisational and analytical skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and display high levels of confidence and competence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in construction and/or engineering - Essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of large-scale construction project management experience - Essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Project or Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel - Essential.
- Current or previous experience of working on large-scale data centre construction projects - Essential.
- Proficient in BIM scheduling - Essential.
- Subject matter expert using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and supporting of detailed schedules - Essential.
- M&E critical services construction projects - Highly desirable.
- Experience of remote working.
The appointee will be required to Work from Home (WFH) until the COVID-19 situation has stabilised and the new Company office in N London is available. He/she will participate in regular virtual online meetings and undertake COVID compliant site visits as required.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates