HEAD OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT | PRIVATE EQUITY
£120,000 - £140,000 PER ANNUM PLUS PACKAGE AND BONUS
Capstone Real Estate team are working in partnership with an innovative lending partner who is established with real estate developers and investors across the UK's living and hospitality sectors. We have been instructed to source a Head of Portfolio Management to join their rapidly growing company.
- Review potential borrower and contractor and advise on suitability to deliver the potential scheme.
- Review programme and advise on durations and whether it is considered achievable.
- Run credit checks on the borrower and proposed team.
- Sit in credit meetings and opine on the development from a construction perspective.
- Appoint Project Monitors and initiate the report once the scheme has been credit approved. After this, review the report and assess any risks that have been highlighted by the PM. If the risks have been highlighted then liaise with the borrower and PM to assess and if possible, resolve.
- Liaise with the lawyers in regard to the facility agreement and the wording.
- Agree with the borrower and lawyers any Build Milestones which will be in the facility agreement, these will be set by the candidate generally in line with the developer's programme.
- Review and agree the wording in the Building Contract and ensure that all Warranty wording is standard with the market and ensure the lending entity is protected.
- Review each monthly report across the portfolio and write recommendations for payment to release funds. If there have been issued raised by the PM or there are outstanding Condition Subsequent in the facility then liaise with the lawyers if needed to protect the lenders position, this is generally through reservation of rights letters. The candidate needs to be very pragmatic in his duties here. EVH are a development financer so the end goal is always for monies to be issued to complete the development.
- Once the recommendation has been issued discuss with the lending entity and review any issues that may be arising and give reasons for your supporting the drawdown.
- Update monthly cash-flow forecasts and issue to the lenders. These need to be assessed against current completion dates.
- Review and track any conditions subsequent, building and sales milestones within the facility. Ensure that the borrower complies with the conditions in the facility.
- Update warranty trackers
- Insurances - Ensure that the correct insurances are in place for each of the loans, this then can be tracked, and all policies reviewed and issued to all the relevant parties.
To be considered you need to be familiar with construction but also finance and how to deal with lenders and their requirements whilst also achieving an overall goal to build out developments. Our client needs someone who can take a view and asses risk to ensure that firstly, they can lend but also the risk is manageable.
For more information, please contact Daniah Williams MRICS on 020 3994 0340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates