Director of MEP Services - Europe
Location: London, with extensive European Travel
Salary: £125,000 - £175,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
A privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm, with a presence within most major cities across 30 countries and over £100 billion of assets under management, are recruiting exclusively through Capstone to identify a Director of MEP Services. The role is based at their Central London offices but will require extensive travel across Europe.
The Director of MEP Services will primarily be responsible to support Pan-European development teams in the design, budgeting, consultant selection, subcontractor and contract negotiations and materials purchase for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, building management and controls systems of their projects.
Additionally, this position will contribute to the development of Pan-European development team resources such as Master MEP specifications, cost summary data and a consultant and equipment manufacturer database. This position works closely with other team members in the design, cost management, schedules and other pertinent aspects related to projects from conception through the completion of the preconstruction phase.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible Inform and advise on the design, budgeting, and vendor selection of the engineering mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, building management and controls systems components of all assigned projects.
- Understand, support and advocate implementation of Global Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives and objectives.
- Review design submissions prepared by external engineering consultants and architects to ensure design consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Review and advise on RFP's for MEP consultants and sub-contractor selection, and participate in the negotiation of the scope and business terms of the agreements.
- Maintain and develop new contacts with major engineering consultants and contractors.
- Review engineering budgets associated with each project.
- Participate in and advise country teams on consultant and contractor/subcontractor bid meetings.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly share a repository of project experience and "MEP lessons learned" with local development teams.
- Monitor MEP engineering trends and Pan-European market conditions.
- Assist construction management as a resource during construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Conceptual Construction.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time to support the success of the Conceptual Construction team projects throughout Europe.
- Be a proactive, strategic, and critical thought leader.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 to 20 years of extensive design experience as an MEP Professional from an engineering consulting company, real estate developer or general contractor involved with large scale projects, preferably in commercial office, multi-family, logistics and hospitality construction.
- Possess a solid understanding and hands-on style of all aspects of preconstruction activity.
- Excellent engineering design and problem-solving skills coupled with creative and conceptual expertise.
- Excellent computer spreadsheet, word processing and relevant professional software application skills.
- Ability to utilize excellent written and oral presentation skills to successfully communicate and provide concise and effective technical advice using language and examples readily understood by non-technical individuals.
- Must have a style that exudes confidence and respect.
- A person who has the highest ethics and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, codes and standards.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English is required. Proficiency in multiple European language(s) is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft office programs as well as CAD software and Bluebeam.
If you are interested in the opportunity and fit the above criteria, please contact Sam Lee on 020 3757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates