Capstone are working in partnership with a leading real estate consultancy who specialise in the occupier industry and PMO to find a Capital Planning Specialist Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to assist with the high-level commercial management of construction projects across the EMEA region in the occupier and commercial fit-out sectors.
Capital Planning and Management
- Experience in working with / developing / owning a prioritized Capital Plan
- Manage / Report in Capital Plan progress
- Interface with relevant client's regional stakeholders for plan details
- Establish capital expenditure process and prepare annual global plan with client's Real Estate, including Real Estate Business Case (REBC) process implementation and support
- Monitor the project portfolio and pipeline and assist in project prioritization
- Track and report capital expenditure status
- Provide support in cost and performance benchmarking for project cost assurance
Cost Assurance / Benchmarking
- Background in traditional Cost Management (Quantity Surveying)
- Input on Cost Assurance and understanding risk in construction projects (to make commercial allowances)
- Ensure data captured and repurposed in a format to feedback into future estimations
- Document control function to capture and record all final accounts in a timely manner
- Provide regional / global benchmarks as applicable
- Deliver project cost savings through engagement in the early stage of projects with client's Real Estate Markets aimed at mitigating time, cost and scope risks before funding approval of projects, focusing on high-value capital projects
- Capture and report savings to Client's Real Estate Markets monthly
- Success is measured by cost savings identified and additional projects delivered against the approved capital plan
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- Construction and Program Management experience
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously, manage multiple or conflicting priorities, and handle a high-pressure working environment.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills with great client focus.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical, commercial and financial acumen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates