UK Head of Capital Projects
Home-based with extensive travel
£85,000 - £95,000 per annum + share options + bonus
Capstone have partnered with a scale-up business, who are established leaders in the used car sales market. They are looking to bring in an ambitious and highly diligent UK Head of Capital Projects.
This is a newly created management role reporting directly to the Group Property Director. The postholder will foster a pro-active project culture through the development of a pragmatic, disruptive delivery strategy, including KPI's and metrics and a robust health and safety management system.
The business operates in the car preparation sector and has collection centres throughout the UK so this role would suit candidates with experience of this sector with ability to effectively scale function whilst working in a simple, no fuss environment where risks and issues are dealt with in flight.
Leading the Projects team, you will be responsible for reporting on projects from handover to project completion, liaising with multiple departments, together with subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects on time and budget. The role is challenging, suiting someone who is highly motivated and organised with strong communication skills.
The role will require time to be home based with visits to sites across the UK to support current projects in over 40 locations.
The key duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Report on budget control for projects to ensure cost visibility
- Manage outsourced project delivery and design team to deliver projects to schedule and within budget targets
- Report on coordination of site resources in line with project plans
- Ensure effective communication with subcontractors and suppliers for team to deliver successful, timely contractual start up
- Working with internal operations, production, facilities, H&S teams to identify and resolve any design issues and
- Liaising with production department to ensure smooth handovers
- Manage reporting of all site based projects and ensure best practice and compliance of safety and quality standards
- The pace here is like nothing you will have experienced before. You must be able to identify the auditable things we must do and enforce these whilst limiting the bureaucracy and paperwork to that which adds value and drives project fluency
- Experience in a program / project management role with ability to effectively escalate risks and issues that need to be addressed. We do not manage by committee here and you must be able to problem solve and make decisions proactively
- Experience of engaging with multiple stakeholders who are time poor and hard to get on single joined up calls
- Must be able to (throughout the lifecycle) communicate efficiently and chase as required to ensure successful project delivery
- Must be able to demonstrate managing practical, stripped back project programmes & managing budgets
- A demonstrable knowledge of working within a disruptive, fast paced, start-up environment that is scaling to enterprise and has the teething problems that go with that
- Experience of team leadership and development
- A methodical approach to organisation and problem solving
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demands on resources
If you are interested in the role and fit the above criteria, please message Sam Lee at email@example.com or call 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates