SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - DATA CENTRE DEVELOPER
UP TO £80,000 BASE SALARY + BONUS + PACKAGE
WORKING FROM HOME + INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Capstone are partnered with a world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm who are recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work within the Design & Delivery and Commercial functions and form an integral part of their new Commercial Team.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting into the Lead Quantity Surveyor; this role will be supporting the commercial management of the whole project life cycle; taking responsibility for the end-to-end service delivery of an effective cost management service. You will be assisting with the commercial team who is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project taking responsibility for end-to-end service delivery and ensuring that objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost-management service from feasibility and pre-contract negotiations through to completion and handover. Ideally should have significant experience of building data centers, shell construction projects and a knowledge of MEP services would be beneficial. What is key is extensive experience in the construction of data centres/distribution warehouses/shell construction projects as well as the following:
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working internationally.
- Experience working for a main contractor, consultancy or developer focusing in the above sectors/projects.
- Extensive CSA knowledge as well as an understanding of steel and concrete prices.
- MEP knowledge and experience desirable
- Delivery focused and "hands on".
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of standard industry construction contracts and frameworks
- Knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel, Costing Programmes (Eg: CostX)
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as diverse procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- Thorough knowledge of construction and contract law.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable cost planning experience with distribution warehouse and shell/construction projects (essential)
- Previous experience of engineering and data centre construction (desirable)
- A track record and experience of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- Degree qualified in one of the following fields: construction, cost management or quantity surveying (desirable)
- MRICS desirable
- 5+ years in Quantity Surveying role with a mixture of contractor and cost consultancy experience (desirable)
- Exposure and experience with both MEP and CSA cost management
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation, and post-contract services.
- Experience of Two-Stage Tender agreements with strong negotiation and organisational skills
- Remote working/Working from home (WFH)
- Driving licence
- Requirement for regular international travel to overseas project sites.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment screening to BS7858:2019, or national equivalent. (Covers: Confirmation of identity, legal right to work, financial probity, criminal history, and associations with proscribed organisations).
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates