COST MANAGER | CLIENT SIDE
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum plus package and benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest providers of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. The business is privately owned and has significant long-term growth plans.
The overall purpose of the Cost Manager role is to ensure the Estates programme of work is delivered within the agreed budgets. To do this cost processes must be defined, implemented and applied across the full programme of works across the Estates pipeline - delivering a step change in the function is a key part of the role.
The Cost Manager will take the lead, working closely with other stakeholders in the team and wider business to provide feasibility studies, diligence reports, scopes of work and cost estimates against project requirements, this will be done alongside the Programme Manager. The Cost Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure all projects on the project are correctly scoped and costed within agreed budgets before being handed over for delivery.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- To lead cost targeting and benchmarking activities
- Scoping and costing projects and programme of works
- Support continuous improvement through value engineering techniques and processes, identifying inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities
- Analyse and identify key areas of improvement and apply cost estimation techniques to drive cost reductions and aid operational processes and efficiency across the estate
- Monitor and review data and information to detect and assess problems and make recommendations to resolve issues
- Utilise cost methodologies and tools to prepare and maintain reliable and accurate data
- Ensure professional and consistent cost management processes are applied to the programme
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, reporting systems and procedures are in place to meet objectives in line with the programme manager
- Provide strategic and operational information and reports to share with others as and when required
Experience & Skills:
- Significant experience of cost estimating or finance in preferably the construction / facilities management / estates
- Experience of using spreadsheets and complex estimating, pricing models and cost management tools
- Demonstrable track record of adding significant value and optimizing costs
- Experience of delivering results through cross-functional working
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of value engineering processes and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
To find out more about this unique opportunity please reach out to Annabel Drew on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates