Job title: Senior Cost Manager/ Quantity Surveyor
Location: Austin/Dallas, Texas, USA
Salary: Up to $140K + 20 Days PTO + 401(K) + Health + Vision + Dental
Capstone are working in partnership with one of the worlds renowned independent construction and property consultancies to acquire a Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to become an integral part of their newly established Texas team and be based in their Austin or Dallas office.
Our client is well known in the industry for their technical excellence, prolific schemes, highly trained individuals and project and service delivery, this organisation ensures they remain leaders in the field, continually investing in the development of their people through lifelong learning and structured training. The business currently has offices in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as two newly established offices in Texas.
The organisation is currently thriving across the USA and is working on several prolific schemes, large-scale and flagship schemes across various real estate sectors and because of their current success and future pipeline are looking for an experienced Cost Manager/ Quantity Surveyor to assist in the delivery of various schemes; becoming an integral part of this organisations long term success and growth of the office.
As a Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor, you will be working across Texas and surrounding states and based in either Austin or Dallas, focusing at a project level on some major schemes with various clients as well as supporting the wider business and Directors in the delivery of projects. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an established, expanding organisation while working in a new, small and heavy hitting team. The organisation has a mantra of building and maintaining relationships and thus your role will involve extensive client interaction and thus your interpersonal skills and presentation are key.
You will be working with extremely experienced and knowledgeable individuals on some of the USA's greatest schemes and thus this opportunity is second to none. This organisation does not sectorise their work and thus you will not only work with the best clients but will gain exposure to schemes across sectors.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Prepare budget estimates and present to leadership to establish project budgets.
- Establish project funding strategies and prepare fund requests for leadership.
- Manage estimating teams and facilitate GC estimate reconciliation VE efforts.
- Responsible for project financial reporting.
- Provide variance notes on monthly work in place and project forecasts.
- Monitor and update budget and facilitate budget approvals.
- Manage third party consultant engagement including fee proposal assessment, negotiation, contract & PO management and invoice reviews.
- Advise and manage general contractor and design consultant procurement.
- Prepare RFPs for general contractor and design consultant scope.
- Review and level bids, pricing schedules, subcontractor buy-out and qualifications.
- Post contract cost control including payment application review, change order management and negotiation and contract administration.
- Maintain cost benchmarking and input into standardized templates.
- Prepare financial project close out reports and lessons learned report.
- Implementation of cost management best practises tailored to the clients needs.
- Attend project meetings and establish cost meetings as required to support deliverables.
You will be an energetic, motivated Cost Manager/ Quantity Surveyor who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Cost Manager with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates