Position: Project Manager
Location: Flexible, nationwide travel
Salary: £85,000 -£110,000 plus bonus & benefits
Capstone are proud to be retained by one of the UKs largest transport operators with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with an estate in excess of 5,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join a newly established Group Project function.
With great ambition comes the need for a strong delivery engine for transforming new opportunities into reality! The purpose of this role is to ensure optimal delivery for specific major capital projects which will range between £20m to £150m. Optimising returns for each project is key to the success of this position and your ability to deliver quickly, reduce capital spend and to react to commercial opportunities, will need to be evident for you to be considered.
About the role
Front end support
- supporting the commercial lead in establishing early delivery plans, risks and opportunities
- Finalising scope and clarifying operational requirements
- Overseeing early studies and surveys in support of commercial lead
- Drive cost effective use of consultants and contractors
- Conduct proactive cross functional stakeholder engagement and communication
- Proactively address risk and opportunities
- Define work packaging and tender strategy
- Ensure effective resource plans regionally
- Ensure reporting and documentation management are functioning appropriately
- Ensure costs are managed to provide optimal value
- Ensure projects are following legal requirements and that changes to project scope are handled in a controlled manner
- Strong background in complex project delivery above £50m
- 10 years plus of project management experience
- Preferably experience of both contractor and client side
- Hands on with all critical deliverables
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to understands all functional drivers
- Proactive and high energy personality
- Ability to operate effectively within a lead client model
- Fully flexible to travel and work at any location in the UK
If you are interested in a long-term career path and you enjoy the challenge of varying projects across geographical locations, we want to hear from you.
Please contact Henry Way (Consultant) to discuss this opportunity further, either via email on email@example.com or via phone 0203 757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates