Role Profile: In-House Facilities Manager
Responsible to: Director of Corporate Services
Salary: £50,000- £55,000 per annum
The postholder will lead the facilities function within our Corporate Services Directorate and be responsible for both Hard and Soft facilities management (FM) at the London based properties ensuring FM services are delivered to the highest possible standard and on par with best practice.
The Facilities Manager will support the Senior Leadership Team to develop, implement and revise property strategies, associated budgets and policies that seek to create a safe and comfortable environment for our staff, members and stakeholders. The Facilities Manager will play a pivotable role in enabling the organisation and its people to deliver our corporate objectives whilst maximising the return on investment through commercial bookings and maintaining asset values.
- Assume the day-to-day management and responsibility of Hard and Soft facilities services (underpinned by a facilities strategy) including the overseeing of planned and reactive maintenance, service delivery, forward maintenance plans and budgets to enhance the productivity of equipment and prolong the longevity of our assets.
- Monitor and manage our compliance of relevant legal and statutory regulations such as Health and Safety, and Workplace Regulations ensuring compliance activities across our buildings e.g. guidance, policies and procedures are in place and are regularly reviewed, revised, and updated accordingly.
- Continually develop a safe, secure, and efficient physical working environment for our staff and stakeholders that enhances organisational performance; ensuring our buildings are kept in good structural and decorative order and that lifecycle expenditure for refit and replacement of assets is managed. This will include space rationalisation and visualisation projects.
- Working closely with internal customers to ensure we optimise our space in order to deliver our corporate objectives.
- Provide a customer focused services for all internal customers, visitors, tenants, and external booking clients.
- Lead and manage the facilities department including front of house staff and external contractors, ensuring effective procedures and guidance are in place in accordance with our ISO 9001 accreditation and services are delivered in a reliable and organisationally focused manner.
- Develop and continually improve all FM (internal and external) services, responsible for the delivery of front of house services, catering, domestic, environmental, waste management, supplies, building utilisation and business continuity and provide reports on performance and KPI's.
- Lead on the development and implementation of environmentally friendly facilities improvements and initiatives that support their drive towards enhancing its environment performance.
- Manage and coordinate contractors, consultants and service providers including specialist subcontractors and caterers to ensure effective control and supplier management of all goods and service providers. This includes tendering of contracts, review meetings and monitoring of performance against SLA's and deliverables.
- Regularly audit our infrastructure and building services including fire and security systems, water hygiene, electrical test and inspection, pest control, vertical transport, air conditioning, utilities and refreshment equipment.
- Provide expert advice on a range of property and facilities issues.
- Manage Capex/FMR planning for our building ensuring works are prioritised and costed in order of priority/criticality.
- Lead on facilities-based projects for current and future properties.
If you are interested in discussing the above, please contact Alex on 02037575000 or email your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates