Capstone's Cost Management team are proud to be retained by one of the UK's largest landlords, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans.
A Head of Contract and Cost Management is required to ensure this operator is optimising value by allocating contractual risks appropriately and driving proper contractual correspondence during execution.
You will be joining the Group Projects team to help improve the way they deliver significant projects across the UK. As such, this role will require strong collaboration with the regional hubs, extensive travel, additionally time in the head office (London) will be required.
There is a real emphasis on understanding the upfront work package strategy as well as working downstream to deal with changes to the contract.
- Support regional teams on major contractual opportunities / claims
- Assess and allocate contractual risks appropriately
- Establish cost management approach and change management procedures
- Establish CAPEX and cash flow forecasts
- Tender evaluation of risk allocation
- Define models for contract and cost management support (Internal and external) based on project scale and regional organisation
- You will have experience with the claims side of contracts. It's essential that you understand the different forms of contract clauses and the specifics that are negotiated, as well as managing risk
- Minimum 10 years' experience of contract and cost management experience
- Pragmatic approach understanding different levels of administration based on project scale
- Experience with contractual correspondence and claims in Capital Projects above £50m
- Motivated by delivering project value
Ideally you will have proven experience at both a contractor and consultancy and currently within a developer or owner/occupier environment.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Matt Cary on
+44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates