Head of Campus & Property Development
Salary: £70,500 - £75,500 per annum + bonus + benefits
Reports to: CFO
Capstone are working with a UK Government research organisation, who are looking to recruit for a Head of Campus Property & Development, based at a key laboratory campus in Oxford. The campus is a globally recognised national hub for technology and hosts over 40 tenants and innovative companies. This role will lead the property development function and the transformation of the campus over the next decade.
Leading the development and implementation of campus & property development strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of the future property strategy to assist in achieving the strategic vision
- Ensure that the property strategy aligns with the changing government requirements, supports the organisations business priorities, reflects the strategic workforce plan and embeds appropriate delivery plans.
- Ensure that environmental sustainability is embedded into all decisions taken on the development of the campus.
- Lead on site master-planning in consultation with exco members, the Property Sub Committee and other significant stakeholders and sponsors
- Promote campus as a leading international centre for research and technology, and as a key business and employment location in Oxfordshire
- Responsibility for land ownership and legal issues, acquisitions and disposals, planning matters, asset valuation, business rates, etc.
- Lead on the management of all tenancy and leasing matters
- Responsibility for commercial property operations, performance and achievement of performance measures and targets
- Support the CFO and CTO in cluster development activities
- Assist with the preparation of Spending Review submissions, and other central and local funding opportunities
- Lead the Commercial Development Project as a funding mechanism for future commercial buildings
- Preparation of soundly-based forward financial plans and budgets for campus and property development
Delivering the £200m construction programme
- Engage frequently with the wider stakeholders and staff to ensure the team delivers fit for purpose facilities, fitted out to their requirements for delivering programmes and within allocated budgets.
- Work closely with the Environmental lead to support the Campus Sustainability plan
- Deliver the construction of all new permanent and temporary buildings and associated infrastructure on site, including major refurbishments and demolitions
- Act as Sponsor on relevant projects as required by the business
Taking the lead in engaging with key stakeholders on property-related matters
- Promoting and ensuring a high profile for Campus and other locations across the UK
- Engagement with key stakeholders across the business including representation on relevant committees.
- Representing the organisation as required to Government and in relation to regional and county spatial planning and economic development relevant to or associated with the organisation.
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional institution
- Qualified to degree level
- Extensive property experience, preferably gained in both the public and private sectors at senior level
Ideally this experience should include the management of a commercial portfolio in a science park/innovation based environment, and delivery of a science/innovation based construction portfolio
- Commercial and business acumen and highly skilled negotiator
- Track record of leadership and determining strategic direction
- Highly focussed on providing excellent customer service, stakeholder engagement, team building and staff morale
- The ability to make sound business decisions; balancing the pressure of building and developing a safe and enabling environment with safeguarding public money
- Highly organised and self-motivated, and able to deliver in a high-pressure environment
If you are interested in this opportunity and fit the above criteria, please contact Sam Lee via email on email@example.com or call 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates