Technical Fit-out Project Manager
Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 + 20% Bonus + Benefits
Capstone have partnered with a leading Hyperscale Data Centre Developer, who are looking for an exceptional Technical Fit-out Project Manager. The postholder will ensure the full Electrical technical fit out element of the project meets the customers needs and is delivered to a very high standard of workmanship and is fully commissioned and operational. The role forms part of the overall project management team on a project and shall focus on all the MEP installations and associated infrastructures. The role shall be predominantly site based Full time on execution of the project.
The TFO Electrical Project Manager will be accountable for ensuring the technical Electrical fit out element of the project meets the customers' needs and is delivered to a very high standard of workmanship and is fully commissioned and operational.
This role will be part of the overall project management team and shall focus on all the Electrical installations and associated infrastructures.
As a Technical Electrical Fit Out Project Manager, you will report to the Project Director on the project on a day to day basis with Line management to the Construction Director overall. You will need to have a good technical understanding of all MEP systems and how they integrate (where applicable) and operate. The role will also include:
- Monitoring and tracking of the general contractors and technical fit out contractors' programmes.
- Reviewing all reports and documentation submitted by the TFO Electrical contractor and validating its content for accuracy and highlighting any failings.
- Inspecting all elements of the installation throughout the programme and ensure it meets the customer requirements as well as the MEP specifications
- Ensuring the Electrical technical fit out contractor and general contractor are working together, and works are being co-ordinated through continuous QA/QC control
- Previous experience in Data Centres is essential with a minimum of 5 years' experience and a proven track record of delivering white space in a fast track and challenging environment.
- Experience of delivering Electrical MEP projects from inception through to completion and knowledge of maintenance of such systems.
- BIM Modelling and clash detection knowledge to solve MEP issues.
- Full Management of Electrical Site QA plan, specifically with regards to the full Electrical package, including setting up, management and closeout of file
- Management of the Electrical Project Schedule in conjunction with Project team, consulting Engineer and Client requirements.
- Management of key Electrical sub-contractor activities, including tracking progress against schedule and workforce levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minute meeting with sub-contractor
- Knowledge of all electrical systems in commercial settings
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Management of the Aconex snagging system, ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable.
- Attendance of all at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Electrical Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
Knowledge and Skills
As part of your role you shall need to have a good technical understanding of the following Electrical MEP systems and also know how they integrate (where applicable) and operate.
- HV and LV distribution systems including protection schemes and controls (SCADA, GOOSE etc)
- Standby Generators, controls, NERS/NECS, flues and Fuel distribution Systems.
- Static UPS', static transfer switches and DC batteries
- LV Switchgear and Power monitoring systems
- ICT Networks including copper and fibre cabling
- Lighting & emergency lighting control systems
- Liquid Leak Detection Systems (Fuel, water and refrigerant)
- Electrical containment systems (ladder rack, Panduit, commscope, steel trunking etc)
- Busbar trunking systems
- Sprinkler systems
- Water mist systems
- Fire Alarm Systems including Aspirating smoke detection.
- Security and CCTV Systems
- Chilled Water Systems (carbon steel or stainless steel pipework)
- Process water treatment plant (Reverse osmosis, water softeners etc)
- Chillers (air or water cooled, including adiabatic)
- Humidity control equipment
- Fan walls, Crah's and Crac's
- DX refrigerant systems for comfort cooling and VRF Systems
- Air handling units and ventilation systems
- Hot aisle and cold aisle containment systems
- Public Health systems
- Above and below ground drainage systems
- BMS, ENMS and PMS systems
As well as having a good working knowledge of the above systems, you must be able to understand how they are deployed in a Data Centre environment to deliver a reliable, resilient and robust installation installed to the highest standards of workmanship, fully commissioned, witnessed, labelled and documented. An understanding of how systems are maintained throughout its lifespan are also a benefit.
A full understanding of ASHRAE Levels 1 to 5 commissioning standards are required as well as CIBSE and BSRIA Guidelines.
If you are interested in the opportunity and fit the above criteria, please contact Sam Lee on 020 3757 5000 or email email@example.com.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates