Development Manager; Client Side
Location: West End London based. This role requires extensive travel across Europe.
Salary: £50,000- £70,000pa
Capstone is working with a family office for a new business venture. The company is an investor, developer and lender. They are looking for a Development Manager to run the student accommodation developments across Portugal and the EU.
The role will require you to travel to Portugal regularly to source sites and manage the development projects.
You will be responsible for development projects in their respective region, and will work closely with the local professional team to oversee and assist with all development aspects (including planning, design, construction, etc.).
To apply for this role, you firstly must be able to travel and have residential development experience.
- Carrying out due diligence on sites including identifying and commissioning appropriate surveys and reviewing legal contracts
- Co-ordinating the pre-construction development process including leadership of regular project meetings
- Overseeing and liaising with the professional team (incl. architect and engineer) and Local Project Manager to ensure efficiencies and avoid delays
- Liaising with the Local Project Manager to ensure projected build costs will be achieved
- Generating appropriate development/financial appraisals and liaising with supporting functions in preparing these financial models and appraisals
- Co-ordinating, with the legal team, on construction documents (including warranties), etc.
- Assisting and monitoring valuations for the purpose of drawdowns by the contractor
- Actively participating in any initiatives that seek to reduce total development costs by targeting reductions in development costs/fees and related expenditure
- Demonstrable experience in property development, preferably within the residential, commercial and student accommodation markets, taking projects from post-acquisition through construction to finished product phases
- Well-networked individual within the real estate sector
- Good understanding of land/property values across different segments of real estate
- Sound knowledge of property law for developments
- Confident, influencer and decision maker
- Drive and tenacity to hit financial targets
- Highly analytical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Suitable candidates must be able to drive and travel throughout Europe and preferably be qualified with a real estate-related degree and be a member of the RICS
- Portuguese speaking a plus, but not a must
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ariane Freebody on 020 3757 5000 / 07539 780121
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates